Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Load-testing Steam Broadcasting

Basic Member
    It looks pretty nice!

Basic Member
    Everyone who's getting the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' error is because you're the using the HTTPS Everywhere plugin.

Dont work on Opera 29.0.1795.60

Basic Member

Post full test result, chrome got huge frames drop issues?

i5-2500s radeon 6750A win7 32bit sp1 + lastest windows update, my internet connection and geography and the steam sever near me be able to substain smooth video streaming download.

lastest stable chrome 43.0.2357.81, right click toggle stats would show //continuously Dropped Frames//. starting from 720p to 1080p, but it doesnt happen at 480p. CPU usage is 4 core around 50%+-, GPU usage is around 19%

lastest stable firefox 38.0.1 with "about:config" "media.mediasource.whitelist" "false" tweak to enable watching, there is no any kind of //continuously Dropped Frames// even at 1080p. CPU usage is only 10-20%+-, GPU usage is around 20%

watch it with steam software, "Enable hardware video decoding, if supported" is Enabled/Ticked, there is no any kind of //continuously Dropped Frames//. CPU usage is 4 core around 50%+-, GPU usage is around 22%

watch it with steam software, "Enable hardware video decoding, if supported" is Disabled/Unticked, there is no any kind of //continuously Dropped Frames//. CPU usage is 4 core around 80%+-, GPU usage is around 10%

test it at another system, bay trail atom z3740 acer iconia w4 8 inch tablet windows 8.1 32bit + lastest windows update.

lastest stable chrome 43.0.2357.81, even 360p would show //continuously Dropped Frames//. CPU usage is 4 core around 70%+-, GPU usage is around 74%

watch it with steam software, "Enable hardware video decoding, if supported" is Disabled/Unticked, at 360p, there is no any kind of //continuously Dropped Frames//, CPU usage is 4 core around 80%+-, GPU usage is around 8%

watch it with steam software, "Enable hardware video decoding, if supported" is Enabled/Ticked, at 360p, there is HEAVILY //continuously Dropped Frames// and broken/skip sound, CPU usage is 4 core around 90%+-, GPU usage is around 6%

Desktop IE11, 1080p, there is no any kind of //Dropped Frames//. CPU usage is 4 core around 50%+-, GPU usage is around 26%

Metro IE11, 1080p, there is no any kind of //Dropped Frames//. CPU usage is 4 core around 50%+-, GPU usage is around 16%

lastest stable firefox 38.0.1 with "about:config" "media.mediasource.whitelist" "false" tweak to enable watching, there is no any kind of //continuously Dropped Frames// even at 1080p. CPU usage is 4 core around 85%+-, GPU usage is around 70%

looks and plays better than twitch for me. Really nice quality honestly.

one feature I wish it had. Can you make a full screen that still gives access to chat? Look at Twitch Theatre Mode for a good example.
    Last edited by Brandaustin; 05-30-2015 at 04:47 AM. Reason: elaboration.

Basic Member
    Any updated link? I'm getting "An unexpected error occurred while trying to view this broadcast".

Banned
    Does it count for watching TI games in the compendium achievement?

Are you eligible for drops while watching?

Basic Member
    It seems like the stream is not being broadcasted under http://steamcommunity.com/?subsection=broadcasts section. Maybe because the stream is live for a really long while?

I notice only 91 people are watching because not under http://steamcommunity.com/?subsection=broadcasts or under the Dota Hub is being shown

Basic Member
    I am unable to watch higher quality stream in the console. I am getting 720 and 1080 in chrome however.

It defaults to 480 in the steam console.
    http://imgur.com/kCPrnzk

The nice thing about the broadcast is the chat is not toxic.
    Hopefully in future item drops will enabled in the broadcast.

Your web browser does not support the minimum set of features required to watch this broadcast.

You can watch this broadcast from inside the Steam Client or, for a list of supported browsers, please visit the Broadcast FAQ.

Firefox