Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Load-testing Steam Broadcasting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Valve Developer

Load-testing Steam Broadcasting

In order to do some load testing on Steam Broadcasting, we're going to be streaming the Qualifiers (via DotaTV) at this link:

http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/...61198198486997

This is a 1920x1080 60fps stream, and in addition to doing some load testing, we're interested in your feedback:

• How do you feel about the video quality? Resolution, framerate, color, contrast, etc.
    • How is your connectivity to the stream? Do you experience lag? Reconnections? Down-rezzing? (if so, where are you located?)
    • How is the transcode quality?
    • Do you have any other feedback about the stream?

The machine streaming this will be auto-spectating games, so it should switch from game to game as they finish, and will be broadcasting the English casters.

Thanks!

Basic Member
    Will Steam Broadcasts be linked for tournament item drops like they are for Twitch?

Basic Member
    Quality is cool, looks better than the actual twitch stream

it does however suffer the dotatv lag which makes me switch to twitch all the time. since i dont know what any of the above terms mean, i'lkl just describe my experience with simple words: it still doesnt look as clean/sharp as if i tuned into dotatv myself through ingame. it's still "blurry"? here and there (if that makes any sense, and yes I have 1080p turned on and a good internet connection)

the stream itself is completely lag free, but the video lags much like dotatv does

Basic Member
    How do you feel about the video quality? Contrast looks slightly too high. Resolution is acceptable. I am getting a lot of framerate stuttering.

How is your connectivity to the stream? Connection seems mostly fine, no buffering, just the major stuttering issue. Toronto, Canada.

How is the transcode quality? I can't comment.

Do you have any other feedback about the stream? I am suffering a great deal of visual stuttering.

How do you feel about the video quality? Resolution, framerate, color, contrast, etc.
    - Video quality is good compared to twitch but is taking it's toll on the bandwidth too. I can watch high on twitch without lagging and it's stuttering abit in 480p for me.
    (2mbps connection)

How is your connectivity to the stream? Do you experience lag? Reconnections? Down-rezzing? (if so, where are you located?)
    Connectivity is fine. Audio is abit choppy sometimes on 480p. Literally unwatchable on 720p. Got an error that Video can't be played due to an unexpected error while scrolling up and down in the steam client.(I am watching in steam client since it doesn't support Mozilla).

How is the transcode quality?
    480p is kinda blurry to the point of unwatchable for me. if it could use some less bandwidth maybe?

Do you have any other feedback about the stream?
    No Kappa? BibleThump BabyRage

wow this stream much smoother that twitch

Looks much better for me than the current twitch streams, the contrast still looks a bit dark. It's very noticeable with items and the hero portraits at the top of the UI, some questions/suggestions:

1. Stop it from defaulting to 480p.
    2. Link spectating drops, similar to twitch.
    3. Don't allow people to spam chat

The stream works fine in chrome but it gets quite laggy using steam @1080p and chat disconnects quite a bit
    Last edited by Gsx; 05-29-2015 at 10:26 AM.

valve pls enable drops for this steam stream it'd encourage people to come

also everything runs smoothly at 1920x1080 on 1gbps connection
    Last edited by virtualghost; 05-29-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Your web browser does not support the minimum set of features required to watch this broadcast.

You can watch this broadcast from inside the Steam Client or, for a list of supported browsers, please visit the Broadcast FAQ.

Mozilla Firefox verison 38.0.1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FatalTouch View Post
    Your web browser does not support the minimum set of features required to watch this broadcast.

You can watch this broadcast from inside the Steam Client or, for a list of supported browsers, please visit the Broadcast FAQ.

Mozilla Firefox verison 38.0.1
    The fact that I can not watch it with Firefox just Chrome or Safari makes me mad as hell!