Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: See Wins/Losses/Stats Of Other Players

Basic Member
    my honest point of view:
    my mate and i played alot of pubs back in the day dealing with a lot of leaver (bnet). we then searched for platforms that prevent leaver and make games more challenging.
    all platforms save stats like kda and make it public. this was kinda good because u had hard facts showing you on which level/ role u sucked most driving you to improve yourself.
    then i played HoN (2 years ago) where stats where forced by default (no stats games just didnt have any players or just a bunch for testing and then leaving.. no stats = no leaver protection).
    this led to the statwhoring described above me. at the same time ppl where afraid of getting shitty stats (even for leave) forcing them to either afk or to fight till the end.
    if we dont get public stats and the leaversystem isnt to harsh i see no reason why i shouldnt leave a game that i see as hopeless.

TL;DR: stats for urself are important to improve yourself. leaver need to get punished hard.

Basic Member
    Leaving and stats should be calculated behind the scenes (and will be, if matchmaking will work in any way). They should not be public and should be an option to be displayed publicly if the player chooses. Otherwise, the HoN scenario described before me will occur and that is not what we need.

Basic Member
    No pub stats, just disconnects, and total of games.
    Dota community has and will get the tendency of HoN, where all custom games are : "Over 1.0 K or BAN-IGNORE-RAGE"

Basic Member
    the more stats the better, its more interesting and you have an additional reason to play. For privet view all k/d/a from all games combined and others like glod per secned creep denays and so on

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tikshow View Post
    you can count it, there are 7 matches on a page, multiply the number of pages by 7, then subtract the number of wins from this number after this you have a close win:loss ratio
    you have to subtract 1 page, otherwise they will always have 7 more losses than you calculated. It's like this because otherwise you count page 1 twice.

Also, this method isn't 100%, it's a pretty good estimation but my account and some of my friends accounts have come off +/- 10 wins or so. Not sure what causes the descrepancy.

to actually contribute to the thead, i don't mind no stats being shown to public because i think it allows players with 'ladder fear' to continue to play a lot which in turn makes a more active community. I do think we should have more stats available to the person. That way if you did want to participate in in house leagues or get recruited into a team you could provide stats, but for the general everyday player they wouldn't have to worry about it.
    Last edited by cre; 03-19-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Basic Member
    The off count is probably caused by games that have not counted toward wins or losses because of early leaving. I think how the stats are shown now and fine; however, they could branch out on stats toward heros/assists and such. I would be happy with private stats to be honest too; although, I would hate the fact of k/d and others stats being public.
    Last edited by Greed; 03-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Basic Member
    +1 support for W/L ratio.

K/D is really unneeded though; you can never tell a player's skill simply by looking at the K/D

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murlou View Post
    As long as K/D/A is hidden, it'll be ok.

If not, fountain farming and 5x carries on MM will be 50 times worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    NO! I am against these, You could see win/loss of every game but not of all games at once. AND NO stats.
    +1

didnt liek this idea

Basic Member
    -1 NO to public stats, the only thing it brings is flaming and harassment.

Basic Member
    Having played HoN for a while plenty of visible public stats are a double edged sword, Mixed with the type of people that play these games they just devolve into headaches and e-peen waving