Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Names and titles

All I want to ask is to change Earth Spirit's "Kaolin" name to something else. As a material/bioengineer, it hurts to call a future hero on the name we use as a.) cat litter, b.) immobilize stinky crap bacteria in stinky crap fluids to make stinky crap materials. So please, IceFrog, if you see this, reconsider the name of your newest child.

Basic Member Justinian of Hattes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pidzson View Post
    All I want to ask is to change Earth Spirit's "Kaolin" name to something else. As a material/bioengineer, it hurts to call a future hero on the name we use as a.) cat litter, b.) immobilize stinky crap bacteria in stinky crap fluids to make stinky crap materials. So please, IceFrog, if you see this, reconsider the name of your newest child.
    Extra lulzy because it's true!

"I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."

Basic Member
    But it is a chinese name. The mineral is name after a chinese location.

The name is derived from Chinese Kao-Ling (高岭/高嶺, pinyin Gāolǐng), a village near Jingdezhen, Jiangxi province, China.[6] The name entered English in 1727 from the French version of the word: kaolin, following Francois Xavier d'Entrecolles's reports from Jingdezhen.[7] In Africa, kaolin is sometimes known as kalaba (in Gabon[8] and Cameroon[9]), calaba, and calabachop (in Equatorial Guinea).

Personally I don not believe we need both names displayed. But for old skoolers or even newer players that have grown to refer to players by their original names the search option should be able to recogninse both. I cannot express the frustration that comes along with searching 'Furion' when wanting natures prophet, or 'Bara' when wanting spirit breaker, and most commonly 'Sylla when wanting lone druid. Including both would seem clunky and deter newer players, whilst over-complicating the whole matter. I am all for the name changes, it makes things very simple. I would just like the hero selection screen to recognise searches for original names.

Basic Member
    I think every hero should have BOTH a title AND a name. I really don't understand how this will complicate the matter. In fact, I would argue it would simplify it. If both names and titles were displayed right next to each other, it will be easier for newbies to get acquainted with both and not feel out when their teammates are using rarely used or old names/titles like Barathrum, Balanar, THD, etc.

Also, the game should be consistent. It is stupid to see certain heroes named "Templar Assassin", "Enchantress", "Troll Warlord" or "Lich" while others are "Lina", "Sven", "Mirana" etc.

Both names pls. And give my old Icarus name back you filthy bunch of insensibles ;__;
    PAS HALL OF FAME
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magusmensis View Post
    I think every hero should have BOTH a title AND a name. I really don't understand how this will complicate the matter. In fact, I would argue it would simplify it. If both names and titles were displayed right next to each other, it will be easier for newbies to get acquainted with both and not feel out when their teammates are using rarely used or old names/titles like Barathrum, Balanar, THD, etc.

Also, the game should be consistent. It is stupid to see certain heroes named "Templar Assassin", "Enchantress", "Troll Warlord" or "Lich" while others are "Lina", "Sven", "Mirana" etc.
    I absolutely agree with this point of view! It is also necessary to name the phoenix, the chaos knight, etc and add title for Pugna.