Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Names and titles

I would like to see the names too in-game. I don't like Juggernaut, i want my Yurnero

We've been restoring original names wherever possible. This should be showing up in the current versions of shipped lore.

Names + titles are a must imo. May be difficult to avoid some copyright issues in making them, but even with new names it would be fine. I never called Furion the Prophet, and Rattletrap was always "clock" here. Also i see u guys removed the "goblin" part on Clock and Tinkers name, why is that? Maybe they're not goblins anymore? they should be...
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    goblins are prolly copyrighted like some other creatures.

OT: imo its enough if the hero calls its name when picked. i also like to mix up the names depending on whats easier to say, but would be easier for newfags to seperate name and title properly.
    btw it sounds stupid to call his own profession when being picked. (DROOW RANGERR!!)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckY.One View Post
    btw it sounds stupid to call his own profession when being picked. (DROOW RANGERR!!)
    So any doctor in real life who says "Doctor's here" sounds stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Mataur View Post
    Apparently.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataur View Post
    so u rather be treated by a doctor who comes at you with "Doctor's here" rather than "hey, im dr. cox!"?
    and hell yes, it sounds super stupid sry.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckY.One View Post
    so u rather be treated by a doctor who comes at you with "Doctor's here" rather than "hey, im dr. cox!"?
    and hell yes, it sounds super stupid sry.
    If there is someone on a plane collapsing and the flight attendent says: " Is there a doctor on this plane?" you say "Yes, I am a doctor!" and not "Yes, I am Dr.Cox!".
    They should implement the names that are used the most. If it's Drow Ranger, call her Drow Ranger and not Traxex.
    Don't force other names upon the community.

Basic Member
    you prolly should stop trying to compare a dota game to real life.
    heros always had a name in dota, i dont see ANY reason to change that now. it was always a welcome aspect of the game which made the heros more likeable.
    u guys talk like majority of gamers are airheads not being able to connect a name to a hero. ofc it can be harder if u play dota for first time, but as ppl mentioned already, u can use the names in a less visible way.

it wont stop oldfags from saying Furion instead of prophet tho.

Can't we simply have something like this? In-game names would remain the same, just the selection screen would be like this

if you can't see it, i'm actually referring to the left of the big juggernaut pic, the other thing was my playing with the game files
    Last edited by Swordz; 10-08-2011 at 07:47 AM.