Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist dota 2 players

Racist dota 2 players

I have come across lots of racism in my recent dota 2 games !!!
    But this fellow harassed me all game with disgusting comments in chat plz take action against him !!
    I will give match id as well as screenshots links !!!
    http://imgur.com/LCI967H
    http://imgur.com/stMpuE3
    http://imgur.com/MfIIKq5

The player name ingame was "Angel Park" and he was playing troll , match id is 1523419848,
    hoping some action will be taken against him/her

Basic Member
    Report and move on. It's really not that big of a deal.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

No immediate action will be taken. Let me tell you what is going to happen. The reporting system is a mess. You can get away with being the worst piece of shit, or get punished for doing nothing. That doesn't mean that assholes are never punished, and that good people are always punished. Chances are that degenerate will behave like that again, and again, and so on. So sooner or later he will get punished. Now if you were hoping for a real punishment and not this useless mute/LPQ, you must hope he finds a Valve employee and acts like in one of his games. HE will get crucified, no questions asked.
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    No immediate action will be taken. Let me tell you what is going to happen. The reporting system is a mess. You can get away with being the worst piece of shit, or get punished for doing nothing. That doesn't mean that assholes are never punished, and that good people are always punished. Chances are that degenerate will behave like that again, and again, and so on. So sooner or later he will get punished. Now if you were hoping for a real punishment and not this useless mute/LPQ, you must hope he finds a Valve employee and acts like in one of his games. HE will get crucified, no questions asked.
    yea exactly .... but this kind of behaviour will only stop once hes punished the community will never improve otherwise....

Banned
    Volvo is not fond of perma bans (although he deserves it) because the existence of perma bans can discourage the aquisition of arcana's and hats. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by gorno View Post
    Volvo is not fond of perma bans (although he deserves it) because the existence of perma bans can discourage the aquisition of arcana's and hats. /thread
    Perma bann is not expected from me actually , anything temporary like mute/LPQ , account suspension for 2-3 days , the actual purpose is to discourage this type of behaviour....

Quote Originally Posted by d3ath_incarnati0n View Post
    Perma bann is not expected from me actually , anything temporary like mute/LPQ , account suspension for 2-3 days , the actual purpose is to discourage this type of behaviour....
    Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is almost impossible to eradicate in F2P games. Even more so with Dota 2. Even if your Dota 2 account gets permanently suspended, you can easily transfer you whole inventory to another account. Sure it is an inconvenience, but imagine a similar scenario with a game that is either B2P of has a monthly fee. Losing that account will hurt.
    Spoiler: 

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ath_incarnati0n View Post
    In my opinion, temporary punishments never work. If the said player cannot LOSE anything because he behaves like some sub human worm he will continue to do so, regardless of being muted or LPQed. It's fine with things like swearing, but when you have racist shit on hand, I think the message should be clear: "you and your mentality are not welcome in an international game. Goodbye"

Some things should be punished, and others just bashed in the head. This situation should in the latter of the two.

Just my 2 cents.

In my opinion, temporary punishments never work. If the said player cannot LOSE anything because he behaves like some sub human worm he will continue to do so, regardless of being muted or LPQed. It's fine with things like swearing, but when you have racist shit on hand, I think the message should be clear: "you and your mentality are not welcome in an international game. Goodbye"

Some things should be punished, and others just bashed in the head. This situation should in the latter of the two.

Just my 2 cents.
    agree with u totally....

Basic Member

Just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, but perma-ban in Dota 2 doesn't mean much. Unless banned player had high MMR and you also prevent him from moving items to a new account.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.