Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Improved Pick-Screen (features)

Basic Member
    this is really cool +11111111

Basic Member
    It's not a bad idea, but I do think it's a lot to ask when keeping in mind the current Pick Screen's model. Right now, the current pick screen basically goes away once everyone has picked or after 60 seconds. It seems like a lot to get done before the screen goes away. I also don't know how long I'd like to be held up at that screen just because a teammate is dragging and wasn't using it. Or if everyone spent the time marking their things, but one person came in late and ignored it all.

I don't think it'll hurt anything, but I also don't think it'll do 100% of what you're hoping when confined to 60 seconds or less. That's not to say that some features here can't be weaved in seamlessly in some other way outside the pick screen.

Basic Member
    Not sure if the random number roll~ is needed.
    But apart from that it is an awesome idea you got there.
    +100

Basic Member
    The idea behind this is great.
    +1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmer20 View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but I do think it's a lot to ask when keeping in mind the current Pick Screen's model. Right now, the current pick screen basically goes away once everyone has picked or after 60 seconds. It seems like a lot to get done before the screen goes away. I also don't know how long I'd like to be held up at that screen just because a teammate is dragging and wasn't using it. Or if everyone spent the time marking their things, but one person came in late and ignored it all.

I don't think it'll hurt anything, but I also don't think it'll do 100% of what you're hoping when confined to 60 seconds or less. That's not to say that some features here can't be weaved in seamlessly in some other way outside the pick screen.
    The pick-screen only disappears after 60 seconds, if you have picked. Usage is optional ofc. The markings main purpose is to show your allies which hero you plan to pick, so they can consider that as they choose their heroes. Me and my friends always used the -roll-command in dota 1 to determine who has to buy the courier and upgrade and we rly miss a random generator in dota 2 (or havent found one yet, -roll doesnt work). The main purpose of the game-plan-tablet is to give the players who havent picked yet (and are therefor still in the hero-selcetion) better information. (At least in my resolution the minimap isnt fully visible so far and different lane distributions can result in very different last picks)

Wow this is awesome, great for experienced players and team input.

+9000

Basic Member
    Wow, brilliant design.

I'd prefer the hero you plan to pick show up in your top-of-the-screen player box in a greyed out format, ala HoN's "shadow picking"

Trying to put colored borders in the confines of the pick table, combined with the colors of the heroes themselves is going to be ugly to look at and may even blend in during some cases

Liking everything else though!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pistole View Post
    The pick-screen only disappears after 60 seconds, if you have picked. Usage is optional ofc. The markings main purpose is to show your allies which hero you plan to pick, so they can consider that as they choose their heroes. Me and my friends always used the -roll-command in dota 1 to determine who has to buy the courier and upgrade and we rly miss a random generator in dota 2 (or havent found one yet, -roll doesnt work). The main purpose of the game-plan-tablet is to give the players who havent picked yet (and are therefor still in the hero-selcetion) better information. (At least in my resolution the minimap isnt fully visible so far and different lane distributions can result in very different last picks)
    Yeah I probably should have elaborated on the "That's not to say these features can't be weaved seamless in another way". I like the idea of 'selecting top/mid/bot' visually so people who join late and don't see the chat know who called where. I think that's a keeper. I like the idea of rolling for couriers too(which there's a ton of scenarios you can do there because maybe you only want the support heroes to roll but not others, etc). I'm not sure that one has to be done on this screen per se, but it is a good feature to have.

The mark hero option I'm not 100% sold on, but I get it and I'm not knocking it. It was mostly your way of preventing everyone from picking and having their plan screen go away. Maybe if you make this plan screen separate(where it is just a screen that sits along the right and can be toggled on/off regardless of the Pick Screen state) is more of what you want.

So again I like the ideas, I didn't want to come off as knocking them. I think a plan screen that you can bring up with a click that shows 1) everyone who called a lane and where 2) people who are responsible for couriers/upgrade is not a bad idea and would be useful in that minute after picking is complete.

totally awesome, should get 6 stars!!!
    +1

u got my support!