Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild feature in Dota 2 Reborn?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Question Guild feature in Dota 2 Reborn?

I know this is probably way too early to speak out since the beta isn't even out yet but I noticed that the Community tab is missing in the new UI.

I am actually quite concerned about this since I run a guild with over 500 members. I know the chat room does the job too but a lot of our members enjoy the guild party feature.

Also, my guild is quite integrated with a steam group which I also own so moderating is also pretty important.

It might be way to early to speak out but I feel like I need some assurance that guild is gonna be back for source 2. If not, it's gonna be in beta for a while so there is still hope.

Any reply is appreciated.

The guilds system needs improvement.

Would be nice to have the option to make an open guild which the mods/adms can accept or decline requests to join on the guild. This is gonna be o good improvement for big communities guilds.
    And another good stuffs like, automatic private guild lobbies system to create inhouse games, ingame scheduling (events, partys, lobbys), maybe a tool to create a internal guild rank, or even a guild tornaments (like IXDL do but without need to create free store ticket).

Basic Member
    It definitely could use some love. Valve hasn't touched the guild feature since it was added so I was pretty excited that all that might change with source 2. But now I'm a bit afraid that they might completely scrap the feature from what I've seen from the Reborn page.

I mean I am grateful for all the hard work and amazing stuff they put into this new UI but please don't remove anything from the original, volvo!

Basic Member
    we need notification option to Guild + add some colours to leaders

I was thinking. Why Valve don't integrate Steam Community groups to the Guilds in Dota 2?

Steam already have a decent platform to manage the groups on Steam Community, if they integrate Steam Groups to a Dota 2 Guild system, sharing the announcement, mod/adm system and and adding some exclusive stuff (like the player rank and inhouse tournaments) as can visible in game the Guild system can be a really decent.
    IDK this is just a idea. But this can help a lot for small inhouse grow up and create new competitive teams.

Scrap this guild ideia probably will be a big waste for Dota 2. And if Valve decide to improve the system this probably gonna be a really good for new competitive scene.

Basic Member
    I think this is a great idea. Have Dota 2 communities (basically guilds) for each steam group that has Dota 2 as an associated game. They could just add a community option on you friend feed of the new UI. Then you should be able to select some of your steam groups with Dota 2 as their associated game to show up in your feed Dota. This should also automatically create a chat channel in Dota (linked to the steam chat channel) and things like group announcements, MotDs or mentions should show up in your feed. You should also be able to advertise your party to a community (like the new beacon but wider than your friends list) and select which communities' party advertisements can show up in your chat and/or feed. This also gives them the opportunity to link the new "public lobby games" feature to community, i.e. only community members can see/join a community limited lobby etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basic Member
    Reborn has completely replaced the source 1 client and yet the guild system is still missing from Reborn. I understand that there's a lot to work on with Reborn but I must wonder when the guild system is going to be implemented. This hiatus for my guild is a bummer for me and my guildmates.

Basic Member
    yeah where guilds in reborn?
    Cant find in options

Basic Member
    You can find 'block guild invites' in the options but there's no guild anywhere else in Reborn. It just doesn't exist. ICEFROG PLS ADD I am getting desperate

Valve staff focuses on gameplay fixes/features atm, guilds will be added later for sure.