Thread: [Source 2 Bug]Loadout Ability UI messed up, Custom Model Animations Not Playing

[Source 2 Bug]Loadout Ability UI messed up, Custom Model Animations Not Playing

Greetings,

The ability UI for loadout is messed up for heroes with 6 ability layout. The F and R abilities are sticking out of portrait card. Please refer to this image for details : http://i.imgur.com/VjpqGwT.jpg

Also, custom model animations are not playing. The animation is not lost(you can still play them by applying modifier with OverrideAnimation property), but it seems they are just not properly hooked to game event.

These bugs are exclusive to heroes. Unit animations are playing fine. Hoping for a quick fix, especially the animation. Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Dun1007; 06-18-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Also, I want to add that replacing model dynamically in the middle of game had fairly good chance of removing hitbox, rendering hero completely unable to be selected(unless you grouped it beforehand)

So I spent a day messing around with custom models, and here are my assumptions based on my observation :

1. Game event hooks itself to model animation only once upon picking hero. In other words, if you have hero's default model a animation-less one and change it in game dynamically, the result model won't have animation.
    2. Hitbox disappears when switching to another model but bone merge fails(usually due to dota 2 cosmetics getting in the way). Invisiblebox -> custom model won't glitch the hitbox, but dota 2 model -> custom model has high chance of removing all hitbox. The chance is extremely high if hero has lot of cosmetic slots.