Thread: Sound Advice Needed

Basic Member

Sound Advice Needed

Hello!

First off, a big congratulations to the SFM team for the new version! For the most part, it's pretty great!

That said, there's one big issue I have so far: Custom Audio. Namely, there doesn't seem to be a way to implement custom sound (music, vo, effects...) in a way that SFM recognises. WAV files don't seem to appear in the sound browser or load if a path is changed to them in the element viewer, and there don't seem to be any publicly released tools for authoring VSND files (unless I'm missing something really obvious?)

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated, thanks!

Basic Member
    Can confirm. Started a project for the DotA 2 Shortfilm Contest that came to a sudden end when I couldn't find a way to import custom audio.
    Please, does anybody know how to do this?

EDIT: I figured it out. The trick is to find the dota_addons folder. It contains a folder named dota2sfc.
    So for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons\dota2sfc
    Here you create a new folder "sound" and put your sound files in it. Now they show up in the SFM.

Sadly they don't work for me yet, as they are simply mute. I'll test further.

EDIT: Further testing done. Took a sound from the steam folder, namely match_ready_no_focus.wav
    I tested it in SFM by putting it into the clip the normal way, no importing or anything and it worked.
    Now I simply copied it, renamed it and imported it as described above and it doesn't work, no sound can be heard.
    VALVE PLS FIX!
    Last edited by doomfish; 06-20-2015 at 02:40 PM.