Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Valve, please add Trigger and Unit Editor just like World Editor in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by zedor View Post
    Open a topic in http://dev.dota2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30 please if you want to discuss this.
    The matter is not being distorted. This speaking about tools of the DotA 2 Workshop Tools, and topic title mentions the World Editor for discussion, suggesting be similar. In However some are trying to convince Valve.
    Area specifying suggestions and report errors. It's good have dialogues about the effects here (up have) because the forum "Misc" throwed all subjects similar on local with very off-topic, I do not know if will understand.

@BlinkingRiki182

He told me something very like what I said. And I think that Valve needs facilitate use of the tools to level that not require very in the professional marge of limit of Tools as programming, create own arts, etc. Be optional for do the fun map. I think the DotA 1 formerly did not need Jass to do a equal map, the map I think it was simple, with no script jass placed.

World Editor without using Jass I think that of to make these types of maps:

Tower Defense
    Enfos
    Hero Arena
    Dota style
    PG style

I consider the World Editor, one innovative tool in the sector creating and developing games.

There were some custom maps made by Blizzard as examples for people to practice (warchasers, candy wars, some tower defense maps...). They were all made entirely by World Editor without using JASS. So, I'd say World Editor is strong enough for anyone to make decent maps just like the ones currently are on Dota 2 custom maps right now. Of course, with pure coding people can make stuff like a TF2 in dota or starcraft 3 but it's a bit over kill. It was really easy to make basic custom spells or custom units without any triggers or coding. This new DotA 2 workshop tools is not easy, it might be easy for certain people but there are tons of people with awesome ideas who can't write codes. We really need a noob-friendly editor if we want to be as big as warcraft 3 custom maps scene was.

Quote Originally Posted by timberrino View Post
    There were some custom maps made by Blizzard as examples for people to practice (warchasers, candy wars, some tower defense maps...). They were all made entirely by World Editor without using JASS. So, I'd say World Editor is strong enough for anyone to make decent maps just like the ones currently are on Dota 2 custom maps right now. Of course, with pure coding people can make stuff like a TF2 in dota or starcraft 3 but it's a bit over kill. It was really easy to make basic custom spells or custom units without any triggers or coding. This new DotA 2 workshop tools is not easy, it might be easy for certain people but there are tons of people with awesome ideas who can't write codes. We really need a noob-friendly editor if we want to be as big as warcraft 3 custom maps scene was.

Jass is used in Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 that I know. And I think that was officially made by Blizzard, with supports within of the games. A map that does not use any visual programming language that I remember, unfortunately, and uses JASS for the game works, it is the Karts Racing. However, I think that remember Warchasers uses 100% visual programming language. Warchasers and a map of Kart Racing (I no remember the name) was made by Blizzard.

Even though I can program without any troubles, I would still like to see some key values editor as right now it takes me a lot of time to look through the reference materials.

Valve, please make a new tool in the Tools Workshop. Something resembling "Data editor". But why? Because I still I think that is unfair and uncomfortable to create and develop custom mods in DotA 2, by not having built-in support in the Editor for creating and editing scripts.

Starcraft 2 I think unfortunately it was not really good successor of Warcraft 3, to make good maps that are easy to create and develop. And I think that Valve is more friendly with to the community that Blizzard (of games).

I suggest that this new tool, create and edit scripts with auto suggestion that command you want to put and tips. Updated support with custom modes programming, etc. And support for a click interface like the of World Editor, or click drag, or ceases easy to create and edit scripts without having programming skills and avoid much research to create and edit maps that can be fun of do.

I did not create a topic, because this pick a part of ideas that I want to suggest.