Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Function to disable minimap portraits

Function to disable minimap portraits

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything, is there any function to remove minimap portraits? Namely because some hero portraits have like shades of dark blue or something, and I may mistake that for the actual dark blue hero when holding down alt.

That and they look hideous. I'd rather just have the names again.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrix View Post
    dota_minimap_show_hero_icon 0
    Here's a solution, Thanks Typrix
    Last edited by poochop; 01-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Basic Member
    +1 This option should exist.

Basic Member
    Yes, PLEASE! I *HATE* these new hero faces... The new minimap looks great on it's own but the coloured names and coloured hero arrows were so much better!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pharazon View Post
    Yes, PLEASE! I *HATE* these new hero faces... The new minimap looks great on it's own but the coloured names and coloured hero arrows were so much better!
    But icons don't affect arrows at all.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    But icons don't affect arrows at all.
    The arrows aren't coloured for me - they simply appear to be green or red respectively. I have Minimap Simple Colours enabled.

As for the icons, I'm playing on Widescreen so they don't look crisp whatsoever. Not to mention, the minimap looks ugly and unhelpful if there are more than 2 heroes as the icons cover one another completely.

I'd love a toggle between the two options for those who enjoy the heads.

Basic Member
    The arrows aren't coloured for me - they simply appear to be green or red respectively. I have Minimap Simple Colours enabled.
    The icons arrows aren't colored for you because you have simple colors enabled, duh.
    Not to mention, the minimap looks ugly and unhelpful if there are more than 2 heroes as the icons cover one another completely.
    It's the same thing with colored icons, they overlap with each other and it's impossible to see what's going on. I'm surprised you people only noticed it now.

Basic Member
    Yep. There shpuld be an option to turn it off. I really liked text version. The whole idea with hero icons smells like a bad LOL gimmick.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xRdR View Post
    Yep. There shpuld be an option to turn it off. I really liked text version. The whole idea with hero icons smells like a bad LOL gimmick.
    No need to hate something just because it's from LoL. Actually, LoL didn't invent minimap icons, it's just a feature.

Basic Member
    Yes PLEASE. game is almost unplayable now. I have alt on like 90% of game and now i have no idea whats going on minimap. Please some function which just show text like it was before instead of this portraits.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    No need to hate something just because it's from LoL. Actually, LoL didn't invent minimap icons, it's just a feature.
    It's not just me. Lot's of people are pissed about that. Why break something that's already good?

It's really bad player perfomance-wise. Takes too much time to recognize heroes.

Note: I'm not asking to remove it. Just an option to turn it off. I want the text version back.