Thread: 2 bugs with js and dynamic images

Basic Member

2 bugs with js and dynamic images

1. Images set dynamically in JS, like

Code:
    var image = $.CreatePanel("Image", panel, "");
    image.SetImage("{images}/custom_game/Alchemist_chemical_rage.png");
    are never going to get compiled, and obviously you can't detect that while analyzing the code statically, so there needs to be something else implemented.

2. Setting path to an existing image there wont work, since it doesn't get converted to a path which begins with s2r://

3. Also please, make a way to use ability icons in the panorama UI, I mean the default ones. There is DOTAHeroAvatar, so DOTAHeroIcon in some convenient way would be very nice.

Thank you for all the hard work!

Also doesn't work in css.

To use an image in CSS/JS you have to add image in xml to get it compiled, for example:
    Code:
    <Image src="file://{images}/custom_game/my_image.png" />
    and then in CSS use for example:
    Code:
    background-image: url("s2r://panorama/images/custom_game/my_image_png.vtex");

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGester View Post
    1. Images set dynamically in JS, like

Code:
    var image = $.CreatePanel("Image", panel, "");
    image.SetImage("{images}/custom_game/Alchemist_chemical_rage.png");
    are never going to get compiled, and obviously you can't detect that while analyzing the code statically, so there needs to be something else implemented.

2. Setting path to an existing image there wont work, since it doesn't get converted to a path which begins with s2r://

3. Also please, make a way to use ability icons in the panorama UI, I mean the default ones. There is DOTAHeroAvatar, so DOTAHeroIcon in some convenient way would be very nice.

Thank you for all the hard work!
    I agree that being able to specifiy resources at compile-time to use later at run time dynamically would be a great idea.

For now, if you give the protocol (file://) when you do a Image.SetImage(), it will work, provided the image is loaded somewhere else.

As a hack, you can make a dead XML file that points to all the images you are using dynamically, then load as above.
    Last edited by Lattyware; 06-24-2015 at 03:18 PM.