Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RegisterKeyBind

Basic Member

RegisterKeyBind

If you pass an empty string as the first parameter (which the docs say is to allow for global binding), the tools will instantly crash upon use of the inputs specified in the second parameter. Also, unless I am somehow using this wrong, I am also unable to get my callback called when using a panel or ID string for the first parameter. None of the input seems to allow for the callback to be called.

As a minor point, is there an input to be used for mouse x/y coordinates? The panorama.dll contains a bunch of acceptable inputs such as mouse_left, key_space, etc. but nothing pertaining to mouse coordinates.

Lastly, the docs say the last parameter can take an event name, but I am really confused as to how you can register an event that this function will detect. Even if you use the custom_events.txt to supply a custom event, it is completely irrelevant to this function. I have also tried using the GameEvents.Subscribe to try to make the event actually exist for panorama but to no avail. And I have tried to use Panel.SetPanelEvent for the same purpose along with even specifying an existing panorama event (such as MoveUp, MoveLeft, etc.), but those instantly crash the tools upon recompilation. At this point, it seems to be impossible to supply custom events to this function (although I was only attempting to do so because the callback wasn't working).

If I am missing something blatantly obvious about this function, let me know.

Basic Member
    There are custom events examples in overthrow, if I understood you properly.

RegisterKeyBind are broken ! +1

Basic Member
    Still an issue as of this date

Please fix

Quote Originally Posted by rap_game_anti_mage View Post
    Please fix
    Use new system: click

Quote Originally Posted by dotyer.ua View Post
    Use new system: click
    You just linked the system that this thread is about...
    Every time you have an issue, spend at least 5 minutes on each of these four sites Google, Wiki, Github, and ModDota
    If you still can't figure out your issue, post your issue on moddota in as much detail as possible with a SSCCE. If you do not complete these requirements, than you will be rejected by the community. Try not to contact individual users for help as we are very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by arhowk View Post
    You just linked the system that this thread is about...
    Are u sure? Read again!

Well the thread posted uses a different syntax, but it still suffers the same bugs. Actually, the system you posted is incredibly broken because it cant override default dota hotkeys (which messes everything up because poeple use different hotkeys) and doesn't work unless you restart reborn after every game play. It's also incredibly choppy outside of the workshop tools
    Every time you have an issue, spend at least 5 minutes on each of these four sites Google, Wiki, Github, and ModDota
    If you still can't figure out your issue, post your issue on moddota in as much detail as possible with a SSCCE. If you do not complete these requirements, than you will be rejected by the community. Try not to contact individual users for help as we are very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by arhowk View Post
    Well the thread posted uses a different syntax, but it still suffers the same bugs. ...
    You are always dissatisfied. This system not perfect, but usefull.