Thread: Valve should add bots into Custom Games :)

Basic Member

Lightbulb Valve should add bots into Custom Games :)

Many people do not have good internet bandwidth. Many games do not connect 10 members fullly , and it is disconnected after a long time wait . Valve should allow bots into Custom games, at least the official map Overthrow. In other maps, bots can be maintained by the maker of the custom map I think bots in Custom game is useful and funny. It helps us practice quickly, and does not require network connection

Basic Member
    Yes, they can be useful, but this means programming the bots for each individual map.. That I think is a terribly lots of work, which no one will do for free.

Basic Member
    They should at least release some kind of "base" bot AI that we can change and use with our mods.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJudic View Post
    Yes, they can be useful, but this means programming the bots for each individual map.. That I think is a terribly lots of work, which no one will do for free.
    As I said, the maps which are made officially by Valve, for example Overthrow, should include Bots. In other maps which are made unofficially by Valve, the bots will be accepted by the makers of the maps or not Valve easily add bots in their own maps

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer20 View Post
    They should at least release some kind of "base" bot AI that we can change and use with our mods.
    Yep. If Valve create some base bots, it is useful for the modders to create bots in their map.