Thread: Bug with Medusa's Model Head Snakes

Basic Member

Bug with Medusa's Model Head Snakes

I have been getting a bug with Medusa's Model, specifically her head piece. I have loaded about 7 other models and none of them have any problems with their premade animations. I have tried deleting the animation set and model, and reloading her again, loading her model on a new movie clip, etc. And nothing seems to work, in every animation i load her head snakes are pushed stiff back, even if in the animation preview they move around properly. I tried loading each 1 by 1 and none help.

Other models i have loaded into my project work properly, from running, to idle, to death animations. Here is a picture of how her head snakes look all the time.

http://imgur.com/QWrCJuw

The way im loading her model is:

1.Clicking into the + button.
    2.Create animation set for new model
    3.Type medusa on the filter bar.
    4.Then load up: medusa, medusa_arms, medusa_arrow, medusa_bow, medusa_tail, medusa_torso, medusa_veil.
    5.Then i parent the main medusa piece with each of the other parts and load the animation into medusa.vmdl.

It seems to work for every other hero i have tried, but i cant get it to work with her. There might be something im doing wrong that i cant see. If anyone can help me on this ill appreciate it. I also cant seem to click on any joints there to animate the snakes manually. I would be at least satisfied if i could get the snakes to a more natural position.

Basic Member
    Here is a quick workaround:
    1 right click on the anim set medusa1
    2 go to utilities and apply 'Bake Procedural Bones'
    3 apply any sequence
    4 voilą it's working!
    Last edited by DPotatoman; 06-25-2015 at 05:12 AM.

Basic Member
    you are a genius! thanks a lot for the answer!

Was this something i did? or is this something that happens for some reason? i just want to know so i might avoid things like this on future projects.

Basic Member
    Looks like Valve accidently applied physics simulation on her snakes, shouldn't take long to get fixed if they notice your thread

Basic Member
    I wanted to ask you another question, im having troubles with Sven skill God Strength, i can load all the animation and most of the particles but i cant seem to get the Sven model to get the red tint or any tint at all. Is there a way to get the model to look like this:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/atta...6&d=1380729958

Instead of the normal blue color.

If you happen to know this, i would be very grateful if you could share the answer with me!

Basic Member
    Sven has secondary skin which is supposed to be red. But for some strange reason it is black.

Basic Member
    yeah that skin for me is just like a bugged packaged material, that is dark red.

Is there a way around this? to change the tint to red on his blue parts? i have been trying some SFM color changing, but it isnt really working.

I think you need the .DMX file to get this to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEFuqSjSDw

Basic Member
    No workarround for this as I know. You need to report it in separate thread.