Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skeletong king skin for Wraith king

Basic Member

Skeletong king skin for Wraith king

^Title.

Its a suggestion. Could you make this? I liked more the old skeleton king.

Basic Member
    No.

- Blizzard and China

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testuser8 View Post
    No.

- Blizzard and China
    I dont get it. Is copyrighted to create a similar human skeleton with a sword and a red cape? What has to do china with this? -.-

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    I dont get it. Is copyrighted to create a similar human skeleton with a sword and a red cape? What has to do china with this? -.-
    Sure, I think China has nothing to do with this. They could redesign for their country, which doesn't affect the whole world.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godman View Post
    Sure, I think China has nothing to do with this. They could redesign for their country, which doesn't affect the whole world.
    It does affect it. Unlike other heroes, where Chinese version just removes some elements, the basic concept of Skeleton King is censored in China. Having two completely different versions of the same hero is not a good idea.

There are also no skins in Dota.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Basic Member
    While we are at it rename Windranger back to Windrunner, Outworld Devourer to Outworld Destroyer (used to Outworld Demolisher at some point...), Ostarion to Leoric (Skeleton... I mean Wraith King), Tequoia to Furion (Nature's Prophet) and so on. They used to use the latter name in Dota 2. Things that have always been different e.g. Lothar's Edge and Shadow Blade is not included.

Dota 2 was first playable (in closed beta) late 2011. In May 2012 Blizzard and Valve settled. The details are unknown. Blizzard may have told Valve to change certain heroes. I don't think Valve was cautious of further lawsuits. If Blizzard disliked the current hero models and names they would have said it back then. This makes me believe they agreed on to change certain names and hero model(s). Skeleton King was removed in December 2013. But that's just me speculating. Noone has the exact answer to it.

You probably won't see a Skeleton King "skin" from Valve. The community will probably make one and use it in a custom game but it won't be accepted into the official game.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Valve can do Wraith King arcana which will change him to Skeleton King. And do NOT realese this Arcana on Chinese Servers. I dont see any problem here.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalangel View Post
    Valve can do Wraith King arcana which will change him to Skeleton King. And do NOT realese this Arcana on Chinese Servers. I dont see any problem here.
    This Arcana will break their main rule for cosmetics: no matter how much they change, the hero should still be instantly recognizable among others.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redthirst View Post
    This Arcana will break their main rule for cosmetics: no matter how much they change, the hero should still be instantly recognizable among others.
    Actually that makes sense, that would explain why they cant do an exact old skeleton skin since it is red and white, while the current hero is green. Complaining about what I said would be ridiculous... Look at crystal maiden levitating bitch set, unrecognizable unless you play a couple of times against it. Then phantom assassin with that set that changes her hud icon to one that is almost the same as terror blade. Played a lot of times against it and still confuse it. In fact changing hud icons shouldnt be done at all. And probably there are more skins that i dont remember.

About the recognizable thing, they could create an exact skin of skeleton king, just recoloring the bones and removing the aura of wraith king. That would make him easily recognizable.

About the china thing... LoL, is that even a reason? A company changing his product everywhere just because of one country? Just create the skin and make it unavailable in china. Simple and easy.

About the copyright thing, does it even exist? Copyrighting the human body skeleton!!!!??????

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Actually that makes sense, that would explain why they cant do an exact old skeleton skin since it is red and white, while the current hero is green. Complaining about what I said would be ridiculous... Look at crystal maiden levitating bitch set, unrecognizable unless you play a couple of times against it. Then phantom assassin with that set that changes her hud icon to one that is almost the same as terror blade. Played a lot of times against it and still confuse it. In fact changing hud icons shouldnt be done at all. And probably there are more skins that i dont remember.

About the recognizable thing, they could create an exact skin of skeleton king, just recoloring the bones and removing the aura of wraith king. That would make him easily recognizable.

About the china thing... LoL, is that even a reason? A company changing his product everywhere just because of one country? Just create the skin and make it unavailable in china. Simple and easy.

About the copyright thing, does it even exist? Copyrighting the human body skeleton!!!!??????

It's not about copyright but about chinese censorship, which prohibites exposure of bones (all the skulls and such, also LS' rotten teeth) and bloodletting (such as most of Bloodseeker's skills and Coup De Grace effects).
    Yet if you wish to have Skeleton King back, it's available as a mod already (for model replacement and as Workshop custom mode both).
    Last edited by DJComps; 09-16-2015 at 01:40 AM.