Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Suggestion] We need region filters and option to not host games

Quote Originally Posted by Ikos View Post
    Select the host base on the pc performance was a terrible idea since if someone has a good pc it doesn't mean he has a good upload. Everytime I queue for a custom game now its automatically makes me the host cause of my pc and I have to disband/disconnect the lobby cause my net hasn't enough upload.

We need an option to avoid hosting or a system that checks the upload and not only the pc specs.
    Yes, we really need this soon, they do need to check for upload but even if they do that we still need option to opt out from hosting and it wont do any harm but will only improve players and hosts experiance.

Same with region filters, it is really needed and it won't do any harm, it will just improve our experiance in game, no point in seeing region where you can't play, or if you join that region by mistake u ruin game for you and for other players and host.

Even worse when people join/get place in wrong region without knowing that they are playing in wrong region, they blame host for lags but it is actually system fault for placing them into region that is far away from player.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Basic Member
    All the plus for this... I've been playing a lot of custom games recently and I end up getting 300+ ping and the occasional 50%-70% packet loss... Making the entire game unplayable. And just as people have been suggesting, an option to not host. Maybe even make it so we can queue for the games just like the normal matchmaking system with the same options.

Basic Member
    I've sudgested this in another topic but i think it is not bad to put it here too :
    When the host and 7 others loads give us the ability to vote for 1 of 3 choice :
    1-wait till all players gets ready.
    2- start the match and others who still didnt join can follow.
    3-remake a new lobby with the current playrs already loaded the game.

I think this would help decrease the custom games problems

Bump.

Please sooner we get filters for regions so everyone can avoid region they can't play and sooner we get option to opt out from hosting that will improve and players and host experiance I'm sure we will be able to play more and ofcourse give more feedback.

Thanks
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

BUMP for region filters in custom games, very needed feature.

Please Valve, this would improve lobby and hosting experiance so much.