Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] We need region filters and option to not host games

[Suggestion] We need region filters in lobby list and quick match

It would be really helpfull if I we could have filters so we can only see games from regions we picked (just like region filter for Dota matchmaking, multiple checkboxes, so I can pick EU host locations: Austria, Stokholm, Luksemburg..)

And once we filter games by region, using search box will also be much easier, as I will be able to use that box for writing name of mod/map and not for writing name of region where I want to play.

I really have no use of seeing games from USWest / East, Australia or anything out of EU as lag would be insane. Also region filter is needed and on "quick play" button, nothing worse then getting host out of EU when I can only play on EU host.

EDIT: Here is reddit suggestions for filters https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...st_for_reborn/

Edit: System that picks host improved a lot so option to opt out from hosting is now less important but it could still be usefull and better than auto system, auto system still makes mistakes for some ppl.

And we need option "I do not want to host games", sometimes when I click on "Quick play" button instead of finding me some host, game puts me as host, and I can't host because I have low end pc, my net is okay but pc is not, also sometimes I join to some host and then host leaves and games picks me as next host, and if I don't notice that on time I will have bad gameplay experiance, I'm sure this happens to many players, many of them can't host but they just don't notice that they were put on host postions, so I'd like to avoid that and it would be amazing if there is some option that would prevent me from being selected as host.

Thanks !
    Last edited by glodar; 08-30-2015 at 09:02 AM.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Basic Member
    +1
    The option not to host should really be in.

I know my DSL have almost non-existent upload, so whenever i'm host either i quit cause it's not funny, or people quit/fail to join cause one trillion ms ping.
    /* This is really just a hack to prevent the compiler from complaining */ ~ SDL.h

Basic Member
    Totally agree.

++ for the host
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE PUNISHMENT SYSTEM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

- Automatically created custom game lobbies will now choose a host based on hardware specifications
    thats awesome, hope it works as good as it sounds
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE PUNISHMENT SYSTEM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by zitapis View Post
    - Automatically created custom game lobbies will now choose a host based on hardware specifications
    thats awesome, hope it works as good as it sounds
    That's pretty good and ye hopefully it works good, especially for situations when first host leaves game and game picks 2nd host, hopefully it doesn't pick person who was 2nd slot in game but person who has good hardware and is able host, still don't see harm if they add option where I can just opt out of hosting as I really can't host.

Now hoping for some region filter settings (preferably same like for Dota 2 matchmaking, multiple checkboxes so we can pick few regions that will be displayed in our lobby browse), there is really no need to clutter lobby browsers with regions I can't play, it would help to players and it would help to people who host games, if people have option to filter and pick region then they will not mistakenly join or be placed into wrong region after clicking on quick play button and then blame host for lag when actually they are playing in region that is far away from them.
    Last edited by glodar; 06-30-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Here is how one guy on reddit suggeted filters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...st_for_reborn/

Please Valve, give us lobby filters

Basic Member
    ""- Automatically created custom game lobbies will now choose a host based on hardware specifications""

This is isnt enough .. my pc is good but my connection wont let me host :s so i totally agree for an option not to host.
    But they also need to consider the connection speed while automatically choosing a host
    Last edited by ttm1st; 07-02-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Basic Member
    Select the host base on the pc performance was a terrible idea since if someone has a good pc it doesn't mean he has a good upload. Everytime I queue for a custom game now its automatically makes me the host cause of my pc and I have to disband/disconnect the lobby cause my net hasn't enough upload.

We need an option to avoid hosting or a system that checks the upload and not only the pc specs.

This will really be useful! And wonderful!

We need to see the ping on numerals, or filter by numerals.