Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: How can someone throw 60 games in 5 days and not be banned from playing?

  1. #11
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    470
    Something is not working with the report system OR you no longer receive notifications when someone is punished.

    Last Monday played with an Slark that started feeding after he had an argument with his girlfriend at the phone. We were winning 24 - 7, but then they fed enough from the Slark to come back that game. Of course, everyone reported him but I checked last night, and didn't get any notification that he were punished.

  2. #12
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by pent1um View Post
    Something is not working with the report system OR you no longer receive notifications when someone is punished.

    Last Monday played with an Slark that started feeding after he had an argument with his girlfriend at the phone. We were winning 24 - 7, but then they fed enough from the Slark to come back that game. Of course, everyone reported him but I checked last night, and didn't get any notification that he were punished.
    Something is not working when he doesn't receive a punishment after ONE game? You understand that punishing everyone after a single game with reports would lead to everyone being banned? And multiple reports in one game count as one to avoid people ganging up on another player (at least concerning reports).

    I'm not playing that much currently (therefore not reporting that much currently), but I received two notifications in the last two weeks.

    @bategato: the game can't dish out bans based on reports. The current system has enough issues, we don't need another punishment that gets applied unsupervised.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    @bategato: the game can't dish out bans based on reports. The current system has enough issues, we don't need another punishment that gets applied unsupervised.
    Thats the whole point of the op. he wants a supervised punishment for those kind of people. As he said this kind of behaviour should raise red flags for Admin review (automated part) and the Admin then decides on the punishment if necessary.
    Valve doesnt even need more employees to do so. Let player review the automated red flags. BAM everyone happy and it didnt even cost a single thing except the time needed for the coding (which shouldnt be to hard for a skilled Programmer)

  4. #14
    Basic Member katsaroulhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Posts
    16,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisti View Post
    Valve doesnt even need more employees to do so.
    Do you have any idea how many people are getting reported per day? Even if only 1% of those were to trigger those flags, those "admins" would have hundreds if not thousands of cases to review per day. Valve has 200-300 employees TOTAL. Not only for Dota 2. Those employees Are responsible for everything Valve has. From games, to websites, to servers, to steam itself. It is literally impossible for any kind of review from actual employees.
    Spoiler: 

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Something is not working when he doesn't receive a punishment after ONE game? You understand that punishing everyone after a single game with reports would lead to everyone being banned? And multiple reports in one game count as one to avoid people ganging up on another player (at least concerning reports).
    I honestly thought the system worked differently for intentional feeding. In the past, whenever someone got mad and started feeding, if everyone in the team reported him, soon after 1 or 2 games later I received the punishment notification. Guess it was just a coincidence.

    Just a final note that I'm talking about true intentional feeding, not someone that fed due to bad playing.

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Do you have any idea how many people are getting reported per day? Even if only 1% of those were to trigger those flags, those "admins" would have hundreds if not thousands of cases to review per day. Valve has 200-300 employees TOTAL. Not only for Dota 2. Those employees Are responsible for everything Valve has. From games, to websites, to servers, to steam itself. It is literally impossible for any kind of review from actual employees.
    I seriously doubt that cases like this are that many. Just today I counted 17 matches where he trew all of them.
    I really don't know enough about the whole valve monitoring process but it strikes to me that something is wrong with it if this goes unsupervised/unpunished. This guy is on a mission and I strongly suspect that the account is hijacked.

  7. #17
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by pent1um View Post
    I honestly thought the system worked differently for intentional feeding. In the past, whenever someone got mad and started feeding, if everyone in the team reported him, soon after 1 or 2 games later I received the punishment notification. Guess it was just a coincidence.

    Just a final note that I'm talking about true intentional feeding, not someone that fed due to bad playing.
    As far as I know, there is no detection for intentional feeding. However, testing this is close to impossible and there's no information available at all from the devs.

    Quote Originally Posted by bategato View Post
    I seriously doubt that cases like this are that many. Just today I counted 17 matches where he trew all of them.
    I really don't know enough about the whole valve monitoring process but it strikes to me that something is wrong with it if this goes unsupervised/unpunished. This guy is on a mission and I strongly suspect that the account is hijacked.
    Valve has no game administrators/game masters like others do. Even if we're only talking about a few thousand people (considering there were >10 million active accounts last month that's realistic) that feed regularly, and only a few hundred that do it like this guy, this would still be a lot of work that a developer is probably not willing to do (and I assume Valve doesn't want to pay a developer to do it).
    I'm not sure how they work, but I assume the only non-developer employees at Valve are the guys from Steam support (and well HR, the legal department and other normal stuff for businesses) and they are already loaded with Steam related tickets.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  8. #18
    Basic Member mjauz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    58
    The support system is the biggest problem that Steam has, and VALVe as a company have. The work model at VALVe simply doesn't go hand in hand with good support. It's been said by many, many people that there should be a dedicated support team hired and other suggestions on how to fix this, and It's impossible for VALVe to not know that this is a serious problem, but so far no action has been taken, so I suppose we just need to deal with people like the feeder from the OP.

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    As far as I know, there is no detection for intentional feeding. However, testing this is close to impossible and there's no information available at all from the devs.


    Valve has no game administrators/game masters like others do. Even if we're only talking about a few thousand people (considering there were >10 million active accounts last month that's realistic) that feed regularly, and only a few hundred that do it like this guy, this would still be a lot of work that a developer is probably not willing to do (and I assume Valve doesn't want to pay a developer to do it).
    I'm not sure how they work, but I assume the only non-developer employees at Valve are the guys from Steam support (and well HR, the legal department and other normal stuff for businesses) and they are already loaded with Steam related tickets.
    Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like they should consider some automated mechanism to inhibit this sort of behaviour.
    In this case it is just blatantly obvious. Just the activity plot you can see on dotabuff makes it very clear (http://www.dotabuff.com/players/40162976).

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    There is no such thing as "personal admin analysis". Every system Valve uses is fully automated. Even support is mostly automated.
    Haha their support is just a bot, that copy-pastes FAQ pages seems like it anyways. Then if you keep replying, some underpaid asian with zero motivation joins the party, and will try to solve your problem.

    Regarding this forum: the "Abuse report" thread is just intended for letting off the steam. Noone reads it, and valve could care less. What I don't understand, is, why arn't they fixing problems which are years old? I mean real problems which are Matchmaking, feeding, and losing mmr when you don't deserve it (also sometimes there is people who get carried and son't deserve the win).
    Last edited by VqaK7S8efTN; 07-07-2015 at 04:12 AM.
    Threads I think are useful to read:



    Just another day on EU servers.

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE BETTER PUNISHMENT SYSTEM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •