Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can someone throw 60 games in 5 days and not be banned from playing?

Basic Member

How can someone throw 60 games in 5 days and not be banned from playing?

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/40162976

Since 5 days ago he has thrown around 60 games. Is the report system even working? Shouldn't someone like this be banned for at least a couple of days?!
    By the way, the account seems like it has been hijacked.

Why shouldn't the report system be working (before people come and jump on: talking about the current mechanic, not if people like it)? Just check the match history of him: nearly 50% of his games are all random. Dotabuff doesn't list it (probably not available in the API), but I'm quite sure that these are low priority games.

And no, the report system does not perma ban people.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 07-01-2015 at 02:29 AM.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

There's no ban for intentional feed or shit like that - Valve needs all players, regardless of their IQ, to be able to buy hats and you don't ban those who can give you profit. As simple as that.

Basic Member
    Something needs to be done. He must have amassed hundreds of reports. There should be a mechanic for temporary ban and for personal admin analysis. Just today (until 11:50AM) he has already played 5 games and tried his best to lose the game.

I am never on low priority and got him on my team. Is there really nothing to stop it from happening again? If that's the case then this type of situation needs to be addressed IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bategato View Post
    Something needs to be done. He must have amassed hundreds of reports. There should be a mechanic for temporary ban and for personal admin analysis. Just today (until 11:50AM) he has already played 5 games and tried his best to lose the game.

I am never on low priority and got him on my team. Is there really nothing to stop it from happening again? If that's the case then this type of situation needs to be addressed IMO.
    There is no such thing as "personal admin analysis". Every system Valve uses is fully automated. Even support is mostly automated.
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    There is no such thing as "personal admin analysis". Every system Valve uses is fully automated. Even support is mostly automated.
    That's pretty obvious.

I am saying that when people amass such high numbers of reports automatic red flags should be popping out to admins.

In the mean time, 4 hours later, the player has thrown another 5 games (http://www.dotabuff.com/players/40162976). Are you saying this behaviour is unstopable? And we are OK with it?

They do not want it to show at all. This is not how they work. The only time an actually employee would punish someone directly, is when said employee is playing the game, and someone ruins it for him.
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    They do not want it to show at all. This is not how they work. The only time an actually employee would punish someone directly, is when said employee is playing the game, and someone ruins it for him.
    I understand that. In fact, I have not created this topic to understand more. What I want is for people to say that this kind of thing ruins the game and makes people not want to play and that admins should do something about it.
    I want you guys to get behind the cause, not explain to me that the admins are too cool for school

I want change!

I am really sorry, but as long as every TI almost doubles the money they made from the previous one, nothing will change.
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Then fine. Have it so that if you get reported 10 times in 24h you get a 2-day ban or something. Everytime you get 10 reports in 24h the ban gets bigger. That's easy enough.