Thread: [Bug] Panorama UI Compiler failed

[Bug] Panorama UI Compiler failed

I have the following manifest
    Code:
    <root>
      <script>
        // Uncomment any of the following lines in order to disable that portion of the default UI

//GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_TOP_TIMEOFDAY, false );      //Time of day (clock).
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_TOP_HEROES, false );     //Heroes and team score at the top of the HUD.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_FLYOUT_SCOREBOARD, false );      //Lefthand flyout scoreboard.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_ACTION_PANEL, false );     //Hero actions UI.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_ACTION_MINIMAP, false );     //Minimap.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_PANEL, false );      //Entire Inventory UI
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_SHOP, false );     //Shop portion of the Inventory.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_ITEMS, false );      //Player items.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_QUICKBUY, false );     //Quickbuy.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_COURIER, false );      //Courier controls.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_PROTECT, false );      //Glyph.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_INVENTORY_GOLD, false );     //Gold display.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_SHOP_SUGGESTEDITEMS, false );      //Suggested items shop panel.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_HERO_SELECTION_TEAMS, false );     //Hero selection Radiant and Dire player lists.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_HERO_SELECTION_GAME_NAME, false );     //Hero selection game mode name display.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_HERO_SELECTION_CLOCK, false );     //Hero selection clock.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_TOP_MENU_BUTTONS, false );     //Top-left menu buttons in the HUD.
        //GameUI.SetDefaultUIEnabled( DotaDefaultUIElement_t.DOTA_DEFAULT_UI_ENDGAME, false );      //Endgame scoreboard.    

// These lines set up the panorama colors used by each team (for game select/setup, etc)
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors = {}
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_GOODGUYS] = "#3dd296;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_BADGUYS ] = "#F3C909;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_1] = "#c54da8;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_2] = "#FF6C00;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_3] = "#3455FF;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_4] = "#65d413;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_5] = "#815336;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_6] = "#1bc0d8;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_7] = "#c7e40d;";
        GameUI.CustomUIConfig().team_colors[DOTATeam_t.DOTA_TEAM_CUSTOM_8] = "#8c2af4;";  

</script>

<Panel>  
    	<CustomUIElement type="Hud" layoutfile="file://{resources}/layout/custom_game/barebones_hud_base.xml" />
     	<CustomUIElement type="Hud" layoutfile="file://{resources}/layout/custom_game/quest.xml" /> 
     	<CustomUIElement type="Hud" layoutfile="file://{resources}/layout/custom_game/interactable.xml" /> 
      </Panel> 
    </root>
    In the middle of the vConsole startup spew, I find this

Code:
    [   AssetSystem            ]: On-demand recompile of asset panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.vxml
    [   AssetSystem            ]:  -> reason: Invalid Dependency Information
    [   AssetSystem            ]: Recompiling resource asset: 'panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.vxml'
    [   ResourceCompilerSystem ]: - dota_addons\rpg_tests_new\panorama\layout\custom_game\custom_ui_manifest.xml
    [ W PanoramaCompiler       ]: CompileLayoutResource: Unknown extension for "panorama/layout/custom_game/barebones_hud_base.xml"
    [ W PanoramaCompiler       ]: CompileLayoutResource: Unknown extension for "panorama/layout/custom_game/quest.xml"
    [   AssetSystem            ]: Reloading Resource [1/1]: panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.vxml
    Now, whenever I attempt to re-save the manifest file, i get this

Code:
    [   AssetSystem            ]: Reloading Resource [1/1]: panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.vxml
    [   AssetSystem            ]: On-demand recompile of asset panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.vxml
    [   AssetSystem            ]:  -> reason: At least one out-of-date dependency: panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.xml (file CRC changed)
    [   AssetSystem            ]: Recompiling resource asset: 'panorama/layout/custom_game/custom_ui_manifest.vxml'
    [   ResourceCompilerSystem ]: - dota_addons\rpg_tests_new\panorama\layout\custom_game\custom_ui_manifest.xml
    [ W PanoramaCompiler       ]: CompileLayoutResource: Unknown extension for "panorama/layout/custom_game/barebones_hud_base.xml"
    [ W PanoramaCompiler       ]: CompileLayoutResource: Unknown extension for "panorama/layout/custom_game/quest.xml"
    [ W PanoramaCompiler       ]: CompileLayoutResource: Unknown extension for "panorama/layout/custom_game/interactable.xml"
    [   General                ]: Panel CustomUI is reloading layout panorama\layout\custom_game\custom_ui_manifest.xml
    and nothing, besides the xml file, is being tested for crc changes. No UI shows up ingame besides defaults

this happened after I tried to add

<CustomUIElement type="Hud" layoutfile="file://{resources}/layout/custom_game/quest.xml" />

to add a second UI element.

Restarted DotA, nothing. Restarting comp atm.

any help?

E/ Restarted my computer, no help. Switching projects, no hlep. Restarting to the default UI, no help, still didn't work. Tried to use ui_example and it gave me the same error and din't show up.

2E/ uninstalled and reinstalled dota, still nothing.
    Last edited by arhowk; 07-01-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Valve Developer
    Hi - the "Unknown extension" warnings about XML files can be disregarded, and will hopefully be removed in a future update. I think I need more info to help you resolve your problem - are you seeing any additional console warnings related to XML files when you enter the game? Since your XML files are registered as "Hud" elements, they won't be loaded (and thus won't be CRC'ed) until you are ingame and have selected a hero.

Ok I think i fixed it. Two different issues.

Firstly, I tried to include dotastyles.css as a script instead of a style, which silently ticked off the compiler. This caused me to flip out and start rushing various things to test it, which led me to not select any unit when testing UI's

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    Since your XML files are registered as "Hud" elements, they won't be loaded (and thus won't be CRC'ed) until you are ingame and have selected a hero.
    which is this issue.

Well, after that I feel as if my IQ has dropped atleast 30 points. Sorry about that, after a week straight of non-stop panorama modding my common sense widget seemed to have shut off.

Might as well report a bug (if you haven't added it already) - Create Addon From Existing doesn't allow -'s in filenames (in my case i had a bunch of images with like Item-51 and i had to change them all)