Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: we already won this game but i lost -25 in game abandon

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Who cares about the game engine? Every keyboard/mouse driver for gaming devices has macro features that are impossible to detect unless Valve actively scans the machine for it - and the software running is no proof, Valve would need to analyze what the software is doing. I'm quite sure you don't want this to happen.
    And no, this happening in a mid-important tournament would simply lead to a disqualification of the player/team doing it, but that's not even the topic..
    Keyboard macro's don't automatically activate themselves to euls someone as soon as they blink near you. Keyboard macros don't allow you to blow up just the necessary amount of mines needed to kill someone without even looking. Scripts do. And they would be detected. All Valve would have to do is check the cursor position when a skill is cast and if they don't match the target that just got effected by the skill upon the point of cast or the cursor moves inhumanly fast to manually activate thing in 0.4 of a nano second congratulations you found your script user.

But what am I saying it's not like Valve has either the time or money for all that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StingBull View Post
    Keyboard macro's don't automatically activate themselves to euls someone as soon as they blink near you. Keyboard macros don't allow you to blow up just the necessary amount of mines needed to kill someone without even looking. Scripts do. And they would be detected. All Valve would have to do is check the cursor position when a skill is cast and if they don't match the target that just got effected by the skill upon the point of cast or the cursor moves inhumanly fast to manually activate thing in 0.4 of a nano second congratulations you found your script user.

But what am I saying it's not like Valve has either the time or money for all that.
    And you don't need complex scripts to abuse your detection system. All you need is something like "Click on T3 top on the map, wait 5 seconds, press Q, press LMB, click on T4, wait 5 seconds, click on T3 mid, wait 5 seconds, press Q, press LMB, click on T3 top, wait 5 seconds, press E, press LMB..." and so on and so forth.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redthirst View Post
    And you don't need complex scripts to abuse your detection system. All you need is something like "Click on T3 top on the map, wait 5 seconds, press Q, press LMB, click on T4, wait 5 seconds, click on T3 mid, wait 5 seconds, press Q, press LMB, click on T3 top, wait 5 seconds, press E, press LMB..." and so on and so forth.
    If only we had a better reporting system that actually did something so that we may plug that hole in my system. Alas all we have is the current system where you can hide inside the trees near a lane and get experience from nearby creeps therefore not get abandon and protect the base as techies and get abandon.
    Last edited by StingBull; 07-08-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StingBull View Post
    If only we had a better reporting system that actually did something so that we may plug the that hole in my system. Alas all we have is the current system where you can hide inside the trees near a lane and get experience from nearby creeps therefore not getting abandon and protect the base as techies and get abandon.
    Report system is an entirely different issue, and even a much better one wouldn't prevent someone from trying to get XP near trees while AFKing. And this method of avoiding afk detection is inconsistent at best, since there is a huge chance that enemies will find you(perhaps your allies will even give them your location), and send you to spawn, where no XP can be gained.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

@localoca: not gaining XP for 6 minutes results in an abandon. Mining is not resetting this timer and neither is suiciding. If however, you were only even close to a fight during that time (meaning, you placed mines that actually helpded killing someone instead of mining the other side of the map) you wouldn't abandon the game. This is intended. If you have issues with that, feel free to propose a change in the sticky in misc as mentioned in the forum rules.

@StingBull: do me a favor an take your Valve hate somewhere else, or at least do it in an appropriate topic. OP made a thread because he abandoned the game although he thought he participated in it. Your first answer was actually fine, but then? This has nothing to do with Eul-hacks, the report system or any tournament. I don't care if you hate Valve or not (and this is definitely the reason for your derailing considering your post history), but if you need to vent, at least do it constructively and in an appropriate thread (the stickies for general feedback or a fitting thread if one pops up).

Closing, because OPs issue got explained. Stickies for the rest...
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.