Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Show the mana bar on all heroes!

Basic Member
    lets also turn the health bars off so all of us can be more aware! look guys ima play axe, guess wat i need no awareness whatosevah so i can just blink dagger and ulti yo.
    Mana bars are just as important as health bars. if u show the health bar might as well show the mana bar.

No, it prevents juke, and guess what? DOTA1 doesn't have this.

Basic Member
    DOTA1 doesn't have this.
    +1, no need for this, Dota 2 is alrdy easier.

stop try to make the game more easier go play lol or hon if u cant handle a real game !

it was implemented before the international but the teams didn't like it so the devs disabled it
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

I don't like it as prevents so much more stealthy heroes like Gondar or Riki from being efficient. You wouldn't fear a Bounty Hunter with no mana, as no shuriken would come outta his hands, but you'd fear a full mana Gondar, undoubtfully. There are another examples I read in this forum. For example OP Magina. If he was low HP and saw a Puck, knowing how much mana he had would mean an easy kill for him, but not knowing it would mean having to backup. Puck would have a monstrous disadvantage here.

Basic Member
    Mana bars would take off fake casts (fake torrent, for example)
    When I saw that in HoN, it was so easy to avoid / predict the enemy's moves...

I apologize for the little (or big) english mistakes, learn a different language is not easy....
    I'm fluent in Portuguese and Japanese, btw

Hey, you! Yes, you there, american. You're not better than anyone, we're not better than anyone. Stop being a xenophobe and quit using people's nation as an excuse to lose.

The same arguments could be made for health bars, even without the new 250 lines (bet all the purists were shitting bricks that day). People are used to health bars and it's only natural that you can always see them. It was a direct buff to all heroes that deals damage (yes, I'm looking at you, everyone) to add the 250 separations, not to mention the obvious Axe.

I got used to seeing mana bars in HoN, I can easily get used to not seeing them again if I have to.
    I got used to god awful Dragoon pathing in SC1, this didn't make me a pro player, nor was it good design.

Regarding fake cast in HoN:
    There were quite a few spells that actually played their full cast animation when faking, like Forsaken Archers volley. You would have to make a guess if she actually cast it or not had you not seen the mana bar you would have to click on a hero while escaping to dodge a short delay stun. Yeah, guessing is pro.

In my opinion, fake casting should incur some kind of minor penalty to the caster, like a small manacost or short cooldown on the spell used. Now that would add something to think about for both the chaser and the chased. But thats a completely different topic.
    Last edited by Berra_la; 01-16-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Health bars have always been in Warcraft. Plus, they were made permanent time later All Stars went out, making the game so much easier. Axe is one thing, but it is not enough. It's not hard to click your enemy and F1 or 1 back at your hero while chasing. Mana is the other hand of the element surprise, if you remove it, then the situations I've described would become obvious. DotA was made under the health bars engine, mana bars have never been there.

"Because of the old engine"... there are things permitted in tournaments, say Dota Keys and everything related to shortcutting your items to make 'em easier to use. Mana bars is not one of them, they are highly banned from every tournament I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonElf View Post
    +1, no need for this, Dota 2 is alrdy easier.
    What do you mean by "Dota 2 is alrdy easier"???

You guys have to realise that the mana bar on top of a hero just gives an IDEA of how much mana the hero has. You can't know for sure the exact amout EVER! In HoN where you can see the manabar, we STILL CLICK ON THE ENEMY HERO to see their exact mana sometimes, so we can be sure that he has enough or not to cast a spell or two.

The manabar just gives an idea, wich often is good because if you look quickly to a hero farming and this hero enters the fog, you wont know how much mana he does have, but if you quickly see his manabar, you would notice he has no mana at all and would go for the gank. This improves the game speed if you ask me. Not only because of this specific fact, but because there will be less times where people will stay in doubt of engaging or not in a team fight because they don't know exactly how much mana the enemy team has.

I just think this is another thing Valve should test. We are in beta. Use this time to test this stuff. Add this to the game, see people's feedback, and then continue with this function or not. You can even explain about it's testing on the patch notes, there is just no harm on doing this. It wont break games for sure, and IF people don't like it (and I don't think this will happen), they'll just have to play with it for 1 week maximum, and then you'll do another patch to delete it from the game. Quite ez and simple...