Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Show the mana bar on all heroes!

Basic Member
    Enemy mana bars shouldn't be accessible at all, not even by clicking the hero.

Basic Member
    -1. It's not normal to show enemy mana bars.

-1 manabars should never been shown on enemy, in dota1 that was a cheat. And when ppl say "it just makes the game easier" well cheats makes the game easier as well so why dont add mh ? or just show cds on alla spells?
    Last edited by Mr.Hankey; 01-16-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Basic Member
    OP you can't discuss subjects with dota players, you might aswell give up
    As for me I don't have a problem whether or not enemy mana bars are shown, it would be easier if they were shown, but having to click is also essential
    but I'm sure 99 % of players aren't checking mana on enemy heroes during a teamfight, just sayin'

Basic Member
    It is indeed really hard to discuss things with Dota extremists.

And i agree on that people don't click around on all enemy heroes checking their mana, and even if they did would they be reactionary to the info they recieved? Would they tell others in their team, seconds before the teamfight kicks off what to do when enemy each got X amount of mana and we should do Y to take advantage of it.

No, you don't, even if you could with voicechat. It is just better in my opinion if all people could see the mana bar and think on what to do for themselves as an immidate response to it. Than making it to complicated with having to click on all of them.

And the guy who said that the teams in The International didn't like being able to see the manabar is mainly not becuase of that they think it is completly bad, but cuase of this...

They are not ready or used to have it there. It's too new for them. That's why you have 2 versions you can decide between when starting a game (in private game), Tournament & Latest, if both teams are used to the latest changes and know everything it changed then you play it, but if your not then you pick the Tournament version. There has been alot of discussion about how the SC2 eSport scene will do when the new expansion gets released as it will take atleast a month or 2 to learn and understand all the new strategies there are in the new units.

All the high ranked Team Players still plays in the Tournament version when they play against eachothers for prizes (and not the latest version).

I bet that sooner or later, mana bar will be shown ontop of ever hero in a game. It's just a matter of time, LoL did it and HoN did it.
    Last edited by Ragekeeper; 01-16-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Can`t believe that it`s still not in the fucking game after such a long time. I see NOBODY crying that you can exactly tell by hp increments when Axe can use Culling Blade, that you have exact cooldown timers on buffs and spells, as well as fucking channeling bars, yet this shit isn`t in the game cuz some "pros" say it`s imbalanced or some stupid shit.

Cuz let`s face it... maybe 1 percent, if it`s even that much plays the game at a fucking professional level and that`s obviously the majority of gamers.

Let`s rework Tinys Toss again so you can fail with it again, cuz that was so much more pro than it is now and while you`re at it, make the shop harder to use cuz that`s a clear indication of player skill.

I just take in account what spells they used and what items they have. I don't care for manabars. It will get awfully easy for AM though.

This whole discussion makes me doubt the common sense of IceFrog and the other developers at Valve who insist to hold on to a 2001 interface.

Let me ask you this:

Why the hell you guys don`t all walk by foot instead of using a bike or a car? I mean it takes so much more skill running behind a bus rather than taking it.

Basic Member
    Not having mana bars just gives you a simple choice: will you click the hero to check his mana or will you rush into him hoping he doesn't have enough for his spells? Adding mana bars would be quite a big nerf to mana dependent heroes. Imagine you walk into an enigma in the woods, with mana bars you would know if he has mana for his spells immediately, without mana bars you either have to click on the hero and check his mana, risk it and rush into him, or there is another option: get wards - see him before he can see you. This gives even more importance to wards because they give you enough time to check the enemies mana and set something up without any unnecessary risks. I say don't add mana bars for enemy heroes, if you want to check the enemies mana in advance, use wards and scouting skills.

-1 to this suggestion
    maybe some ppl here should just watch the game, a bot is playing for them

Just face it, Dota is not, and its not going to be a casual game...
    There are easier copys of dota like LoL.
    If u dont feel skilled enough, or u just dont like games which are played on a professional level -------> DONT PLAY EM!
    But dont ruin Game's with this shitty attitude "Im no pro so I want this game to be as easy as possible for me"