Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Thread: Show the mana bar on all heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kautzman View Post
    But it's not a balance factor. No matter how you choose to spin it, it's going to come back to the scenario of, "If my opponent doesn't check mana, X can happen differently". At some point, it degrades into a usability issue because the supposed role it plays in balance only actually matters if a given player is unaware of an opponents mana.
    Frequently happens at every level of play - beginners, intermediate, high level pubs, and professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Frequently happens at every level of play - beginners, intermediate, high level pubs, and professionals.
    And never once has it contributed to the fun I was having in the game. Only makes me feel frustrated or like I'm playing against noobs.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOfUrOmega View Post
    And never once has it contributed to the fun I was having in the game. Only makes me feel frustrated or like I'm playing against noobs.
    Doesn't mean it doesn't affect balance/gameplay.

Basic Member
    The burden of proof lies on you sir and talk is cheap. There exist many hours of professional footage. Find me one example where the lack of overhead mana bars has mattered in a professional level game.

Doesn't mean it doesn't affect balance/gameplay.
    It's like you didn't even read the post I made not 5 replies ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Kautzman View Post
    The burden of proof lies on you sir and talk is cheap. There exist many hours of professional footage. Find me one example where the lack of overhead mana bars has mattered in a professional level game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0mI5MH1Bls
    2009, ex-professional player playing in a pub. (The fact that it's a pub isn't relevant since the video focuses on just the 1v1 in mid lane and the opponent is reasonably skilled.) He selects the Medusa constantly to check on her mana. See 5:23, 11:04.

How does this affect gameplay? Well, the fact that he even does it (checks mana, that is). If mana bars were present, he would need a lower APM to achieve the same effect.

And that's just one example that took me 1 minute to find, look at pretty much any video featuring a 1st person POV of a pro player, especially ones that are instructional, and they will constantly select enemy heroes to check on their items, mana, etc.

It's like you didn't even read the post I made not 5 replies ago...
    I read it fully. I disagreed.
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 02-13-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: grammar