Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Show the mana bar on all heroes!

Basic Member

Show the mana bar on all heroes!

The title says it, i think it is a very important feature to add to the game.

With this feature you can be able to see how much mana an opponent got quickly and easily, i also helps you make the decision of attacking him or not, faster and it makes you more secure to know this info. This is especially useful in the early game laning where if your lane opponents might have used up all their mana to harras you. Then you might decide to go in for a kill but that is easily determined if they still can use their abilities or not still.

This feature is also so useful in alot of other scenario and you will have use of it throughout the whole game.

Post your opinions/comments/perspectives around this matter.
    Last edited by Ragekeeper; 01-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Basic Member
    You answered yourself.

"Able to see how much mana quickly and easily on an opponent is very important as it can determine if your going to attack him or not."

That's the reason for not having mana bars, you waste time doing it, and time is precious, veeery precious! So, you can risk attack it or not, or waste 1 sec of the battle to see enemie's mana.

I apologize for the little (or big) english mistakes, learn a different language is not easy....
    I'm fluent in Portuguese and Japanese, btw

Hey, you! Yes, you there, american. You're not better than anyone, we're not better than anyone. Stop being a xenophobe and quit using people's nation as an excuse to lose.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmiyagi View Post
    You answered yourself.

"Able to see how much mana quickly and easily on an opponent is very important as it can determine if your going to attack him or not."

That's the reason for not having mana bars, you waste time doing it, and time is precious, veeery precious! So, you can risk attack it or not, or waste 1 sec of the battle to see enemie's mana.
    It was an example of a scenario. Edited the text now to make it more clear with what i meant.
    Last edited by Ragekeeper; 01-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Basic Member
    Has been suggested several times already, and guess what: Nothing happened.

It will never get implemented. Don't bother trying.

Basic Member
    +1 Showing the mana bar on top of the hero can be very crucial. For example, you will feel stupid not knowing u were running from a Shadow Shaman because he's gonna shackle you but he doesn't even have mana!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuy View Post
    Has been suggested several times already, and guess what: Nothing happened.

I have been a forumer for games for years, i don't give up as easy. And besides you need to repeat yourself to make yourself more clear and heard since the developers don't always have a super mind or a papper & penn with them when they read the forums. Repeating yourself is neccesary to make a point.

Papper and Penn, That is all.

Basic Member
    We've been over this and I believe this topic is off limits if memory serves:

I would honestly not be at all surprised to see it before the game leaves beta. Valve doesn't make garbage decisions like putting APM dumps in the UI.

Basic Member
    The way i see this is that, this is important data you need to know fast in Dota 2, and what better way is it to see this than showing the manabar ontop of all heroes.

NO

Oh look guise imma gonna play dis Magina, guess wat I need no awarnes whatsoevah so i can just blink in and ulti yo
    ---
    This woul be seriously stupid, mana is really important and it might seem ok in 1v1 / 2v2, think about team fights, it would be OP. Please don't make the game simpler

Also this would make Anti mage OP as i stated above