Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: I feel that the voice acting in WC3 was way better

Basic Member
    I can't complain of the voice acting overall, and some heroes (like the already mentioned Clockwerk) are just amazing on lines and soundset in general.
    But I do miss some War3 quotes, specially from Slardar and Pit Lord.

I played in Spanish, so I don't know the correct translation to english of those, but my favourites I'm missing are "Escoria de tierra", "Por las mareas y las contramareas" y "Vengo de la profundidad del foso".

However, sometimes I feel like the Dota 2 heroes miss lines about their story and such. Like they don't seem to talk about their gods/people/kingdom/belives/common sayings of their kind/etc; just jokes about their skillset

Also, I can't stand Dota 2 Tinker... YES, YOU ARE A HL2 KLEINER REFERENCE; I GOT IT ON THE 30 FIRST JOKES/REFERENCES; NOW STOP READING HL2 DIALOGS AND SHUTUP ABOUT LAMARR!!!
    XD
    Last edited by Kaemon; 04-25-2012 at 11:41 AM.

SONIC
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

haha, that was a great one from Invoker.

Although I think Valve should hire more voice actors because 3 of them sound so damn similar (Rotund'jere, Warlock, Slardar, and one more I think) It just sounds like the same voice but then slightly modulated with a different kind of background noise.

Scott Mcneil voices Razor right?

Scott Mcneil voices Razor right?
    No, sadly enough Scott is still not in Dota 2, that's Eric Newsome. Though for a very, very long time I was dead sure that it was John de Lancie (did I get the spelling right?). Razor just doesn't sound like anything from Newsome.

But I concur, I'd love to see more VA. They did contact some new people after the International - the upcoming hero releases introduced Fred Tatasciore (Ursa, SB, Warlock's golem), Dennis Batemann (Invoker), Michael Gregory (Clinkz, Bounty, Silencer), Bruce Miles (Alche, Omni, Lifestealer), Nolan North (Brew, Lone Druid, Lycan, Shadow Demon and very likely Phantom Lancer) and some others I can't think of right off the bat, so... Yeah, I kind of reeeeally want McNeil, Steve Blum, Robin Atkin Downes and Jim French in this game.

Badly.

Seriously.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 04-26-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Basic Member
    on a semi related note, michael gregory did such a good job on gondar.

Dota 2's voice acting is definately amazing, although they could have hired more instead of reusing the same actors for multiple heroes. I wish there was more lines where Heroes would refer to other heroes.

OP is right Krobelus' voice in DotA was so much better. I wish Valve didn't screw up so bad on Krobe's voice as she is one of my favourite heroes.

I'm not so dissapointed of the voice as I am with the animations. A lot of animations feel very stiff and 'grounded', I think in an attempt to make them more credible.
    One world is much like another

Basic Member

Make Luna shout "Taste my moonbeams!" when she ults

It's a much loved line and should be brought to Dota 2.