Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel that the voice acting in WC3 was way better

Well, you're probably just used to the Warcraft 3 voice acting. I also am not a fan of SOME heroes from dota 2, but I know why's that : The immersion factor of the old Warcraft 3 game can leave marks on how you want things to sound like. Dota 2 is taking a step towards being different from the style of the wacraft 3 one, and it's doing mostly good.
    You'll get used to it. If not, meh. Mute them ;D Or wait for the option to mod them, if it will ever be available.

Basic Member
    Here is the main problem of d2 voices as I see it:

1)rikimaru - sounds like human
    2)pugna sounds like human
    3)batrider sounds like human
    4)everything sounds like a human ( with a little exeptions like shadow fiend )

this is not like it was in wc3..

Quote Originally Posted by DString View Post

Of course. Warcraft 3 didn't have enough different human sounding unit voices to give each hero a unique and fitting voice...
    Last edited by pramo; 01-15-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Basic Member
    I liked bloodseeker's voice acting in DotA way better[

The voice acting in Dota 2 is tremendous, the voice actors that Valve hired are all reputable voice actors and are very good. Not to take anything away from Warcraft 3's voice acting, because I also think it's good, however...It's not really quite as good as Dota 2's.

One thing that Dota 2 has over Warcraft 3 is that Dota 2's voice acting allows for a wider range of personality and character. Sure, some of the voices in Warcraft 3 fit the hero, but a lot of others didn't too; like Bloodseeker having the voice-set of the Firelord; those two types of characters are nothing alike. Also, I never really felt like I was playing this unique character in Dota 1. Sure, I might be playing as "Kardel Sharpeye the Dwarven Sniper", but he's using the Rifleman unit model and the Rifleman unit voice-set....so, I just felt I was playing a regular ol' Rifleman...nothing special. This all changes in Dota 2. These characters have now been brought to life and have their own looks, personalities, and most importantly...voices. No longer do I feel like I'm just playing a foot soldier, I'm actually playing a hero.

'Course, that might be just me.

Y, indeed. Some 'inhuman' heroes (Tide, Ursa) could use RWAWARWRWARAWRAWR voices. They're awesome in their respective ways, but heh.
    I don't want my Slark to have a human voice. >_< Mrglmrgl all the way.

Basic Member
    I disagree with the OP as well, as awesome as WC3's voice acting is I think Dota 2's brings a hell of a lot of personality to the heroes. Like The Ultimate said, I no longer feel like I'm playing just another re-used character model and voiceset. Having said that, I think the best voice acting I've ever heard was the Baldurs Gate series, Irenicus's voice was just incredible.

Basic Member
    The voice actor for pudge and storm is epic ^^

but id like more of the heroes to have inhuman sounds instead of everything suddenly becoming human ^^

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DString View Post
    Here is the main problem of d2 voices as I see it:

1)rikimaru - sounds like human
    2)pugna sounds like human
    3)batrider sounds like human

I feel that this is part of the problem I am trying to get across. If you have 100 heroes and they all sound like some dude or some girl, you know like a human, there's only so many things they can do before it gets old.
    How about some roars, some animal sounds and more creativity with the voice effects.
    Like the ones in this list: Pugna, omg he was awesome in WC3 Dota, now he's a pretty boring dude, jolly sounding even when he isn't supposed to be anything like that, he's a damn dark mage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomoch View Post
    Turn off the sound, and listen to music.
    Sound is crucial in game. You can hear blinking fogged players and stuff.