Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel that the voice acting in WC3 was way better

Banned

I feel that the voice acting in WC3 was way better

It's just a feeling I get. Heroes don't have personality and most of the voices seem too similar, as well as what they are saying.
    What I mean is, when hearing a hero like Pugna or Lich in Dota they felt so original and you couldn't mistaken them for anyone else.
    In here it just feels bland.

Even the better voiceacting done, like Death Prophet seems inferior to its DotA counterpart. Nobody will ever forget that "Hiiiii" that she did, like a real banshee.

Anyway, not very constructive feedback here, but I thought I shared it nonetheless.

Basic Member
    You're just used to it, in my opinoin.
    I'm glad that we are getting rid of unapproriate and overused soundsets for hero models in Dota 2 though.

Well yea that's your opinion, I love the new voice sounds. I mean look at Spectre, she is amazing, her laugh always gives me chills. Or sniper, refering to TF2 sniper with "Thanks for standing still Wanker!". Or Nightstalker with his dominant "t". I could keep going and going, It really is a matter of preference, I prefer the new ones.

Basic Member
    yes it was.

Turn off the sound, and listen to music.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

There are 16 voice actors currently working on the game. Each will voice around 8 or 9 (maybe some more than others) unless Valve hire even more (16 voice actors for one game is already pretty heavy, especially for anything that isn't an RPG). They are, of course, limited to how much they can change their own voice and digital editing - while still being understandable (Spectre is an exception). Take a look at the list of voice actors and you may be surprised at who voices what.

You also may be looking through rose-tinted glasses. Remember the Warcraft Dragon Knight?
    "I will do my best"
    "I will do my best"
    "I will do my best"

Okay I get it!

(There's also no such thing as a "real banshee". That said, I totally agree with you - Kel'Thuzad was my favourite voice actor but it seems like he may have died or retired since he's been replaced even in WoW. But that's personal preferences.)

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    I think Valve is doing a awesome job.
    Storm Spirit's voice is amazing.

Voice acting can't really get any better imo.
    SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION. DAMNIT.

Banned
    dota 2's voice acting is amazing

I respectfully disagree. The wide range of sayings is so much better in DotA2. After a while I couldn't even play with unit responses on in WC3, hearing the hero say the same thing 5000 times a game was just awful.

There were some cool sayings in the WC3 acting, but to say that it's better as a whole sounds like rose-tinted glasses to me.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.