Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel that the voice acting in WC3 was way better

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

I feel that the voice acting in WC3 was way better

It's just a feeling I get. Heroes don't have personality and most of the voices seem too similar, as well as what they are saying.
    What I mean is, when hearing a hero like Pugna or Lich in Dota they felt so original and you couldn't mistaken them for anyone else.
    In here it just feels bland.

Even the better voiceacting done, like Death Prophet seems inferior to its DotA counterpart. Nobody will ever forget that "Hiiiii" that she did, like a real banshee.

Anyway, not very constructive feedback here, but I thought I shared it nonetheless.

Basic Member
    You're just used to it, in my opinoin.
    I'm glad that we are getting rid of unapproriate and overused soundsets for hero models in Dota 2 though.

Well yea that's your opinion, I love the new voice sounds. I mean look at Spectre, she is amazing, her laugh always gives me chills. Or sniper, refering to TF2 sniper with "Thanks for standing still Wanker!". Or Nightstalker with his dominant "t". I could keep going and going, It really is a matter of preference, I prefer the new ones.

Basic Member
    yes it was.

Turn off the sound, and listen to music.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

There are 16 voice actors currently working on the game. Each will voice around 8 or 9 (maybe some more than others) unless Valve hire even more (16 voice actors for one game is already pretty heavy, especially for anything that isn't an RPG). They are, of course, limited to how much they can change their own voice and digital editing - while still being understandable (Spectre is an exception). Take a look at the list of voice actors and you may be surprised at who voices what.

You also may be looking through rose-tinted glasses. Remember the Warcraft Dragon Knight?
    "I will do my best"
    "I will do my best"
    "I will do my best"

Okay I get it!

(There's also no such thing as a "real banshee". That said, I totally agree with you - Kel'Thuzad was my favourite voice actor but it seems like he may have died or retired since he's been replaced even in WoW. But that's personal preferences.)

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomoch View Post
    Turn off the sound, and listen to music.
    Sound is crucial in game. You can hear blinking fogged players and stuff.

Basic Member
    I don't mind Valve's take on voices, however I hate how just about everyone sounds human. Also hate how some things actually have voices... aka Tiny, Jakiro is reasonable too but why does everything need to speak OUR language. Warlock is the most interesting one. Weaver sounds like a flamboyant homosexual (I apologise for this and mean no offence) and being my favourite hero all I can say is I AM DISAPPOINT. I miss the "You rang" "Proceed" "Make your choice" in that creepy, slow, dual vocals voice.

Basic Member
    I agree we could use a little "grrr" in some heroes, but the voice acting is awesome in DOTA 2.

When Ursa says: "Dragon knight, you squander a great gift" (or smt like that) is the most awesome line ever.

Edit:

Guess that's why they all have human voices, so they can interact when they kill other heroes and such.
    If not:

*Ursa kills DK* : "grrrrr"
    *Ursa gets haste* : "grrrraste"
    Last edited by murlou; 01-15-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Basic Member
    I think Valve is doing a awesome job.
    Storm Spirit's voice is amazing.