Thread: MMR Bug?

Basic Member

MMR Bug?

Hello Community,

in the last hour I've made a match on Dota2 as a 5man stack. Unfortunately one of our members got a ingame bug, he couldnt click on anything, because he had have an "tango button", so he had to restart steam. while an steam update was ready to install. we paused the match, but our oppenents didnt wait. The game was safe to leave as he was back.

Btw: we won the match and we got -26mmr and our oppenents didnt got any mmr difference, they won nothing and they lost nothing.

Is there any explanation for this what happend there?

It was in the normal Dota2 Client, not in the Reborn-Client.

Please help me and Valve / Icefrog, please fix it.

Nothing to fix apart from the sticky icon bug. If your mate disconnected before first blood and abandoned the game afterwards, the game was an early abandon and did not count, resulting in the opposing team losing nothing.

However, your mate abandoned the game causing his entire party (your 5 man stack) to receive an abandon and a loss as well. This is intended.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    But isn't it normal that just the leaver get's the minus points?

Or otherwise, what should we do, if the enemy team doesnt wait for us. We have just a limit to wait for him, so we can just pause 4 times every 2 minutes and we used this!?

Unfortunately he has to restart whole Steam caused by an Dota2 ingame Bug... ... so we can say, that it is intended to lose mmr or matches caused by ingames bugs thats really fine
    Last edited by #zaruŠ; 07-28-2015 at 03:01 AM.

No, like I said: your mate abandoned the game causing his entire party to receive an abandon and a loss. This is the case since the 11th December 2013, so since 1.5 years.

I also said that the sticky icon bug should be fixed. It's old and AFAIK was partially fixed but still happens from time to time. The client doesn't know if that bug is currently happening, because if the cause is known, Valve would simply fix it. All the client/server knows is your mate disconnecting and therefore punishes him.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.