Thread: 10v10 Custom game, and desperately needed changes

Basic Member

10v10 Custom game, and desperately needed changes

Let me start this off by saying that 10v10 is an amazing mode and I want to thank Valve for creating it. If both teams are close skill wise the game is a blast to play with lots of back and forth. In fact, the best game I ever played in dota was a 10v10 yesterday that lasted for almost 80 minutes with over 10 rapiers in the game!

However their are two huge issues with this game mode that can be fixed quite easily.

The first one is you cannot disable help or report anyone on your team. They have the default of only showing four other team mates for sharing control/disabling help, which means its impossible for most of your team to stop Wisps, kotls, etc from griefing. Yesterday I had a tiny who continuously tossed our team to death for the entire 30 minute game (starting even before rune spawn) and would do so whenever he had a chance, laughing the entire time and saying it was "fun for him" when we asked him to stop. The next game I had a wisp who relocated our pudge to the enemy fountain a few times causing the pudge to rage quit and leave. In both cases its impossible to stop them, and since you can't report, the players are free to grief if they wish too with no negative consequences.

Now the other issue is people leaving early without penalty. This happens in 90+% of my games. People often leave immediately if the hero they wanted is taken, and most games start off 10v9 or 9v9 etc. Then if the player does poorly they often quit as well because there are no consequences to doing so and probably want to get a game where they get a "good" start. For example, in my last game, we killed a leshrac at ~2 minutes in. zThey then teleported in front of his tower, with all 3 of us in sight range and we killed them immediately upon his teleport finishing, which is then followed by them rage quitting.

Now as for my suggestion, I think 10v10 should become like ARDM and ability draft and be allowed to be queued for in unranked MM. This will allow players to report at least, and give the first person to leave an abandonment penalty. If this is done I am more then willing to wait 5+ minutes for a queue knowing that my game won't be over by 10-15 minutes because of rage quits or having to play 6v7 etc.

Other than that and players failing to load, the game mode is a lot of fun to play and I hope anti-griefng measures are put into place since the problem seems to be getting worse the more I play.

Basic Member
    Now the other issue is people leaving early without penalty. This happens in 90+% of my games. People often leave immediately if the hero they wanted is taken, and most games start off 10v9 or 9v9 etc. Then if the player does poorly they often quit as well because there are no consequences to doing so and probably want to get a game where they get a "good" start. For example, in my last game, we killed a leshrac at ~2 minutes in. zThey then teleported in front of his tower, with all 3 of us in sight range and we killed them immediately upon his teleport finishing, which is then followed by them rage quitting. +1 do something pls

Basic Member
    I have tried 10v10 and very much enjoyed it; its more action packed and more fun in general. There are, however a few things that would help drastically improve it, on top of the ones already mentioned here:

1) Base towers should be beefed up: they should have more hp and do significantly more damage (splash damage when fortified).

2) Fountain should heal faster (at least 2x - 3x as fast), regardless of debuffs on you (think atropos ult - see last suggestion).

3) Fountain should hit harder and hit multiple targets.

4) Respawn time should be halved (heroes level up much faster on 10v10 and having long respawn times so quicklky is too punitive)

5) Silencer should be re-introduced but with 1 int steal instead of 2. Other removed heroes should be re-introduced with necessary tweaking (bloodseeker with reduced bloodseeker aura, etc).

6) Global snowballing needs to be addressed: I had a game where natures prophet would ult, zeus would follow up with 2 ults leaving most of the team with 30% or less health. Atrophos would then wait some 10-15 seconds for everyone to be at the fountain and cast his ult, not allowing us to heal and effectively die.
    Last edited by Arkatakor; 08-24-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Esg View Post
    The first one is you cannot disable help or report anyone on your team. They have the default of only showing four other team mates for sharing control/disabling help, which means its impossible for most of your team to stop Wisps, kotls, etc from griefing. Yesterday I had a tiny who continuously tossed our team to death for the entire 30 minute game (starting even before rune spawn) and would do so whenever he had a chance, laughing the entire time and saying it was "fun for him" when we asked him to stop.
    I agree the inability to disable help (or share control) is an issue, but disabling help doesn't actually stop Tiny's Toss.