Thread: Importing Dota 2 replay into sfm

Basic Member

Importing Dota 2 replay into sfm

Is it possible?

I would expect the way to do this is by launching a replay in-game, and going into SFM and using the record gameplay feature

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOfS2D View Post
    I would expect the way to do this is by launching a replay in-game, and going into SFM and using the record gameplay feature
    It does not work, for some reason SFM can record gameplay only from game, that you have launch via command "map dota". When you trying to record gameplay from demo, nothing is recorded.

Basic Member
    Works perfectly fine for me. O_
    I just download some replay with the main client, open Dota 2 Tools with SFM, load the demo from the client and hitting record.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilan View Post
    I just download some replay with the main client, open Dota 2 Tools with SFM, load the demo from the client and hitting record.
    thank , it worked , can u help me how can i hide gold text ?

Quote Originally Posted by sheilan View Post
    Hello please help me i am having reborn with workshop dlc checked and sfm but i searched every where i am not getting how to watch dota 2 game reply in sfm and record game and how to remove hud skin and all and make video like dota 2 watafak or like dota cinema plz help me i started youtube channel need to upload good quality video.

Hello please help me i am having reborn with workshop dlc checked and sfm but i searched every where i am not getting how to watch dota 2 game reply in sfm and record game and how to remove hud skin and all and make video like dota 2 watafak or like dota cinema plz help me i started youtube channel need to upload good quality video.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akshayowlbe View Post
    If you're being serious, those guys such as nigma use obs to normally record their demos and not sfm. sfm is for model animation and cinematography and they may use sfm models for parts of their videos that ar enot in normal gameplay. If you want to make videos like those guys, my suggestion is to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Tn9l2m0hA

The console commands are out of date, but you can find his updated autoexec file for reborn and use that.