Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Show runes on the minimap

Good idea for spectators. Doubt it will ever be added for players though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir795 View Post
    -1 This can mess up the game in mid. U can just place wards and there's only 2 spots where it can spawn from. It spawns every 2 mins. There's no need for this.
    Right. The thing is, as the OP has said, he just wants icons on the minimap to show when your team has vision of the runes. So you'll be able to see where the rune is on the minimap if you've warded it without having to go and click both rune spots.

Basic Member
    LOL really how can it mess up the game? If you have the runes warded and you know that the runes spawn every 2 minutes, it will take you just a second to check the rune spots even without minimap symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomEngy View Post
    That alert would happen all the time and the information would be barely usable. Anyway, map awareness includes looking at the minimap to gain information. What you are talking about is deliberately making it more difficult to be aware of what is happening on the map and demanding more busywork.

What do you see on the minimap already? Creeps, heroes, wards, hero illusions, towers, buildings, couriers. What do they all have in common? They're easily understandable at a glance, important to the game, and convey information to your team gained by scouting. They show you the overall state of the map without requiring you to click around. Runes fit in with this exactly and it makes perfect sense for them to appear on the minimap. If you think leaving off these items from the minimap makes "map awareness" more important and increases the depth of the game, perhaps you'd like to consider further improvements like removing towers and creeps from it as well. You now have to click around to see what's going on! That makes it more pro, right?

Did you ever think that the absence of the rune on the minimap in the original DOTA was an engine limitation and not a deliberate design choice?
    You sir deserve a medal for good argumentation.

It is a touchy matter, though, since some runes are pretty gamebreaking on some heroes. However, unless there's a clear downside to readily show this information to the player, I'm all in for this being implemented.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    You sir deserve a medal for good argumentation.

It is a touchy matter, though, since some runes are pretty gamebreaking on some heroes. However, unless there's a clear downside to readily show this information to the player, I'm all in for this being implemented.
    It could just be that it shows a rune symbol, and that rune symbol is the same for all 5 runes. This would mean that you know where the rune is, but not what it is.

I don't know if I want this feature in the game. You're not always pendient of the runes in fast-paced situations, having a signal in the minimap showing you that haste or regen that you need might be pretty gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by NXCL View Post
    It could just be that it shows a rune symbol, and that rune symbol is the same for all 5 runes. This would mean that you know where the rune is, but not what it is.
    thought of that but I say if you're going to add a rune icon, might as well also depict which rune is it. The whole point of the icon is to not force players to scroll the screen to check on the rune.

Basic Member
    lol @ idea.

Basic Member
    -1 everyone would take my rune when im in mid and by checking for rune would give you more map awareness
    Gl and hf