Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Show runes on the minimap

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post
    Great suggestion. I've always wondered why it's not like this already.
    Well because you're supposed to have some degree of map awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Well because you're supposed to have some degree of map awareness.
    Which is the ability to glance at the mini-map and know what is happening around you without the need to scroll everywhere... Looking at runes through the mini-map is also map awareness, you know, because it is in the map.

OT: +1

I support and love the idea.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wesai View Post
    Which is the ability to glance at the mini-map and know what is happening around you without the need to scroll everywhere..
    Scroll everywhere? You can click on the minimap, it takes literally 1 click to check both runes. If it isn't in one place, it's on the other side. If this gets implemented people with blinks would have an even bigger advantage in rune control since they can just hit a blind blink on the minimap as soon as the clock ticks even minutes.

It isn't just "looking at the minimap", it's map awareness not minimap awareness. This is akin to clicking on people to check their items, there's free info and info you need to read for yourself, and there's a reason to it.

Basic Member
    why making dota even easier than it's now?

I miss old days of dota1, this is no game for easy brains.

Basic Member
    Actually, I like the idea but this can be gamebreaking in some situations, I mean, when you have vision of the area "accidentaly", for example, when the courrier passed in the area and have vision of it; in situations like this, your first intentions wasn't to check rune, but, "accidentally", you know that there's a rune in that spot.

So, my suggestion is that if you want to implement something like that, you show runes on the minimap ONLY for ward vision; if you warded the rune area, it's that you want to know where the rune is right ? It can also encourage people to ward / deward.

I'm OK with it in that case, but, I'm also OK without.

Quote Originally Posted by andrfid View Post
    Actually, I like the idea but this can be gamebreaking in some situations, I mean, when you have vision of the area "accidentaly", for example, when the courrier passed in the area and have vision of it; in situations like this, your first intentions wasn't to check rune, but, "accidentally", you know that there's a rune in that spot.

So, my suggestion is that if you want to implement something like that, you show runes on the minimap ONLY for ward vision; if you warded the rune area, it's that you want to know where the rune is right ? It can also encourage people to ward / deward.

I don't quite like the warding idea, since it should change gameplay (ward/deward dancing). My idea:

1-. Rune only shows on minimap upon direct view of the area. You may use wards, traps, courier or anything else to get vision over the area, but still must be a manual check (a player must actually "see the rune" on his/her main screen for the rune to appear on the minimap, if a courier moves through a runespot but nobody is watching, rune does not appear)

2-. Rune appears only for the player that checks for it, unless he/she "pings" it. In that case, rune is shown for all his/her team.

3-. Rune status is only updated:
    - By direct view (updated for your team if rune was "pinged", for you only if it wasn't)
    - Upon teammate pick if it was a "pinged" rune (a "pinged" rune status is shared upon all your team).
    - Upon teammate activation if it wasn't a "pinged" rune. (an "unpinged" rune is only shown to players that check for it, but if someone else on your team activates the rune, you get the message and status is updated)
    - Upon enemy activation if you (unpinged) or your someone on your team (pinged) has direct view of an enemy activating/using that rune.

Simple and clean. You still need map awareness to manually check the runes; you and your team simply get an extra bit of info (rune type and exact location) if rune location is shared, instead of the current "[XXXXXX] rune here" message.
    "+1. This is no WC3 DotA. Evolve or return to your cave."

Just ward one of the two rune spots and you'll be fine.

༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Basic Member
    Suggestion makes sense.

Basic Member
    -1 please stop catering the game to bad players, runes are not shown for a reason.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrfid View Post

Or you could just have a slight fade time on the minimap. Make it such that you will need to have continuous vision of the rune for a few seconds before it shows up on the minimap. This would also make it advantageous to manually check the rune when laning instead of merely relying on the minimap.