Thread: Dota 2 + Reborn > 30 GB ?

Basic Member

Dota 2 + Reborn > 30 GB ?

Hello!
    Who can explain why my dota 2 + dota reborn are bigger then 30 gb shoud i delete them or something ?

Basic Member
    LOL. Do you think 30GB is that much? My dota folder went ~50-60Gb, game was unable to update itself (no space on hdd left). I had to uninstall game, clear after that manually and reinstall it again to get new reborn update. :/

"Naked" dota is around 14Gb now i think, so 30Gb for dota+reborn is normal. You can look for unneeded replays, custom maps, crash dumps, but i doubt you will free more than ~2-3Gb.
    More hats, bigger textures, custom games - dota will only get bigger and bigger over time.
    Sorry for my bad English.

I'm also looking for a way to cut its size down, sure the hats and textures do take some space, but dota is far from an open world MMO, there is likely a ton of crap that is not needed and can be deleted.

My current dota 2 folder has 27.7 GB
    Steam lists the game as requiring 8 GB. Nothing new here, its the misleading info we grow used to expect from Valve.

Checking inside, looks like there are two separate builds, each with roughly 14 GB, again the sloppy job we come to expect from these fine gentleman.

Now just need the devs to actually cut all the crap out (probably never going to happen)
    Or some advanced user to come in and actually look/test, then tell the rest of us what can go away (much more likely to happen than wait for devs)
    Last edited by Himself; 09-03-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Basic Member
    There is no "crap", just models, textures, etc.

If you want to cut size down you can uninstall reborn and wait until there is just one dota branch.
    Sorry for my bad English.