Thread: sniper ulti

Basic Member

sniper ulti

So,tide from my team went to get rune through river passage from bottom lane.Kunka from enemy team followed him.
    On a half way in that corridor,tide and kunka exchanged a few blows.
    During that time,a mid sniper from enemy team came down to the rune spot.
    First thing he did was a ult on near full hp tide.
    Tide is left with about 40% hp,which triggers himto make a run.He passes by the sniper,up through the cliff and makes it out alive.

Now,thats highly unlikely style for snip.

He should prioritise raw dmg first,then,when the targets hp drops below a certain percentage,or when it gets out of attack range,he should ulti him.
    Not the other way around.

Basic Member
    how is a bug/suggestion

Basic Member
    it shows the AI of sniper in these types of situations.
    Since AI is supposed to simulate human players,it should be changed,since no human plays snip like this,its ilogical.

Basic Member
    I've personally never seen Sniper act this way. For me he's always only ulti'd stuff running away or at low enough HP to 1-shot it with it.

Basic Member
    Well,there is a posibility that snip thought that tide is running away from him,so he casted his ult.

Here's the recreation of the event.

Tide goes for rune(RED line),kunka follows him(BLUE line),tide check rune,starts returning,he bumps into kunka and the fight a bit(on the location of the GREEN dot).
    During their fight,snip comes from mid,assumes his position where marked,and casts ult.
    Now,its possible that snip thought that tide will go back the way he came,so he casted ult till tide is still in his range.
    However,this still doesnt make it a right decision,since the tide went towards sniper(trying to escape through a platform to woods).

It explains why snip would cast his ult emidiately,but then again,its still wrong,since all that way Tide could only see kunka,and not sniper,and kunka was "blocking" his way back,therefore forsing tide to go towards rune spot(like he did),so snip should do the dmg first,then afterwards cast his ult.

Sniper needs some ability of processing situations,and figguring out if the cornered enemy is gonna go his way or run away from him(by going through the enemy heroes that are "flushing" him).

snip.JPG

Valve Developer
    Looking at the code, it was probably because there was a moment where Tide was out of range of his normal attacks, and retreating. I agree that retreating towards sniper shouldn't cause this behavior though.