Thread: bots reaction to attack hero command

Basic Member

bots reaction to attack hero command

Im zeus,vs wind and lina.

As soon as i click right click on lina/wind,both of them start pulling back and evade my attack range for as long as i insist on right click attack.
    Now,i've tried testing with just moving near them,without right click/attack,they often tend to pull back too,but this time i can get sloser,sometimes i even can hit them via autoattack.
    Another problem is that wind,as soon as i right click,casts chackles on me,thus losing his entire mana in a few right clicks.

I figure this is a rare situation where bots need to be stupidified,since its obvious that they get the data from my direct clicking,rather than from my movements and possible intentions

Make them keep an eye on the range between them and enemy heroes,instead of keeping an eye on what object does a human player right clicks.

I have noticed this too with Bloodseeker. I will be out of range, and use Rupture after sneaking up behind the bots. I think I'm going to get a kill, but as soon as I get relatively close Tidehunter blinks to my location and Windrunner shackles me. I don't even get Rupture off, which is surprising.

It seems as though they're ready for me, but pretending they're not, despite being distracted by the tower and the bots on my team.
    I assume it doesn't matter which hero you're playing as. Just so long as they consider you a high priority threat, this kind of thing will happen.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squinte View Post
    Windrunner shackles me. I don't even get Rupture off, which is surprising.
    Windrunner cheats like hell on her shackle shot reaction speed.

Basic Member
    This is cheating. It's like in football games, when the defender follows your exact path, getting data from your controller rather than trying to predict your movement.

Valve Developer
    Should be better/fixed in the next bot update.