Thread: Eengine worse than a 13+ year old game?

Basic Member

Eengine worse than a 13+ year old game?

Engine can`t handle games like footman, shits the bed 100% of time. Host pass off nonexistent, so ragequiting host ruins competitive custom games.

You have the opportunity to develop an engine from the ground up with custom games in mind and you can't even match performance of a game over a decade old? Don't give me bs about GFX that is 90% GPU.

Like wtf is point of source2?? You might as well invest your time in making new hats.

I guess most people who play doots don't care. For me custom games are 95% my interest in DOTA2. I'm middle 20s and I don't have time to grind ranked for hours a day. Custom games like TD/footman are an awesome middle point where I can play competitively but not devote too much time.

All custom games run totally flawlessly with my computer. If you're still using the computer you used to play Warcraft 3 than thats the issue...

ragequiting host ruins competitive custom games.
    Valve server-hosted custom games are slowly rolling out to user-created custom games, currently most of the suggested maps and some right below the suggested maps have valve servers implemented.

You have the opportunity to develop an engine from the ground up with custom games in mind
    Development of both engines (DotA 2 Source 1 and DotA 2 Source 2) were built with default gameplay at highest priority. Custom games are just a community-demanded feature.
    Every time you have an issue, spend at least 5 minutes on each of these four sites Google, Wiki, Github, and ModDota
    If you still can't figure out your issue, post your issue on moddota in as much detail as possible with a SSCCE. If you do not complete these requirements, than you will be rejected by the community. Try not to contact individual users for help as we are very busy.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arhowk View Post
    All custom games run totally flawlessly with my computer. If you're still using the computer you used to play Warcraft 3 than thats the issue...

Please, I'm running a 5370k at 4.4 ghz with 16b ram stable. I can run wc3 in background and not notice it. The reality is footman and any custom game that requires a lot of units shits the bed consistently. Sure Angel area, 10v10, overthrow. greentd, legends and so on runs fine. But soon as you get 50-100 units controlled per player all hell seems to go out the window.

Regardless if it is me/host/others, it is pretty pathetic that a 13 year old engine recks the shit out of source2 for custom games. GFX are irreverent, my 7850 doesn't even get taxed in dota2.

Why expect valve to run everything on their severs? That monopolizes gaming towards a select few popular custom games which was already a problem in WC3 where it was hard to find players for non dota custom games. Valve hosting custom games only benefits the 1% #occupyvalve

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything though but a huge number of custom games`to me rely on a large number of units being available. per player.

Maybe I am a minority but I know for me and my friends we don`t have time to play doots constantly grinding mmr/ranked.

Custom games (enfos, vampires. td line wars ext) are the absolute sweet point for the mid 20s "I like gaming but shit i got stuff to do"

Shit I`d throw $40 a month at a shared host for custom games and not think twice about it.
    Last edited by Simon; 09-02-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Basic Member
    When game loads up about 1/3 of the screen goes dark

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Please, I'm running a 5370k at 4.4 ghz with 16b ram stable.
    5370k ?