Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Remove ability to see an enemies mana by clicking on them

Basic Member

Do it in Warcraft III first then suggest the same thing for DotA 2.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    I wouldn't call this a random element. A random element would be godzilla deciding to spawn in the middle of the map and one-shot the first hero it saw.
    Yeah, okay. It's not random, but it adds an element of unknown which is just as bad as anything random.

Basic Member
    Guess the elitists are skillful but not skillful enough to play without information on mana.
    Meet a bug?
    It was probably to make the game more skillful.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k9099 View Post
    Guess the elitists are skillful but not skillful enough to play without information on mana.
    I lol'd. Seems so ironic.

Also to remove visiblity of current health, level and items (lineage2 style). Visiblity of heroes on minimap and models of heroes, because you shouldn't know enemy's spells, it's too unbalancing.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by tweezd View Post
    Realistic Dota... It's sounds funny. If Dota go that way, I think developers also delete the stats bar, minimap, visibility of your mates... And Heroes with wings will flies over obstacles (Puck, Jakiro, etc...). Bad idea
    This.

Basic Member
    No Thank You.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    I lol'd. Seems so ironic.
    I don't know what 'ironic' means either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano View Post
    Adding unknown elements to the gameplay is like adding random elements, bad for the strategy.
    Or 'random'.

-

I don't understand why the idea would be immediately dismissed (That's a lie. I do: Because it's different). It would change the way the game is played slightly but whether or not it's a positive change for the game overall would be difficult to determine without a lot of testing. Bluffing would be a very real thing and weighing the risk/reward of engagements would be significantly more difficult and to that end, it's probably a positive change. However, it creates a different kind of set of meta-issues -- To play effectively, you'd have to at least be able to guesstimate how much mana your opponents had in lane. Things like knowing Sven can only stun once is kind of important and it would place a special importance on that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by tweezd View Post
    Realistic Dota... It's sounds funny. If Dota go that way, I think developers also delete the stats bar, minimap, visibility of your mates... And Heroes with wings will flies over obstacles (Puck, Jakiro, etc...). Bad idea
    Can you make a real argument against the idea or can you just spew hyperbole?
    Last edited by Kautzman; 01-20-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Basic Member
    Well, if this "no enemy mana bar" nonesense persists, then I suppose this would be more consistent with that design philosophy.