Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Remove ability to see an enemies mana by clicking on them

Basic Member
    I would strongly oppose this. Knowing that your mana can be seen by enemies makes it so the intelligence heroes have to play more intelligently (heh heh). I believe that more often than not, removing information from the player is not a good idea. Sure, it would change strategy and make faking a more plausible option, but it also removes the ability for someone to make an informed decision; which, in my book, is bad. I believe that the creators of dota 1 and dota 2 thought of this, which is why there are no mana bars for enemies: so that faking is still possible, but if you want to make an informed decision, that is also still possible. There are enough hidden factors in dota in my opinion. It would also seriously raise the learning curve for new players, who may not know that off the bat, beastmaster normally only has enough mana for 1 wild axes, etc. The learning curve is ALSO high enough as it is.

Now that I have presented my arguments, I will present my hyperbole: Using the same logic, you can say that spawn timers remove because it hinders respawning players because enemies know they are back in the game; or the ability to see enemy items should be removed because it hinders a player's ability to surprise enemies with their on use items; or some extreme elitist might even be able to push the logic far enough to say that enemy HEALTH bars should be removed as well because it hinders low health characters from being able to harass (Although I find it unlikely that anyone would suggest this, or even if they did that they would be able to stretch the logic that far without looking insane.)

Basic Member
    What a troll.

I agree with LameSaint

Basic Member
    no thx.

I don't want this, but i don't understand people crying about mana bars then compliaining about this, it's so retarded.

Just click me!

Basic Member
    Imo they should remove shared vision with allies because it's sucks hello 2012 -random -repick -roll 100 -rickroll.

Basic Member
    Sorry, bad suggestion. Checking your opponents' manapools to calculating risks/succession rate of ganks/teamfights are a part of being a good player. This is the opposite to what we want to achieve in DotA2, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagan View Post
    Well, if this "no enemy mana bar" nonesense persists, then I suppose this would be more consistent with that design philosophy.
    I agree. If mana bars don't happen, then the enemies mana shouldn't be visible at all. If the mana bars do happen then obviously you can leave the mana display on heroes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bastard View Post
    I don't want this, but i don't understand people crying about mana bars then compliaining about this, it's so retarded.
    you dont understand because dota player just wanna keep dota2 the same way as dota ok? simple logic

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    I agree. If mana bars don't happen, then the enemies mana shouldn't be visible at all. If the mana bars do happen then obviously you can leave the mana display on heroes.
    I started to know why people are making threads like this, cuz none of u ever played dota>_>