Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: [Suggestion] Remove ability to see an enemies mana by clicking on them

  1. #31
    Volunteer Moderator slowreflex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by endol View Post
    I started to know why people are making threads like this, cuz none of u ever played dota>_>
    You shouldn't make assumptions, because you are in fact incorrect. I did play DOTA a lot and it's not perfect. However, I believe DOTA2 can be.

  2. #32
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    You shouldn't make assumptions, because you are in fact incorrect. I did play DOTA a lot and it's not perfect. However, I believe DOTA2 can be.
    ok, since u played dota, and ur opinion is knowing ur opponent's mana is unfair. why dont you hide attack damage, cuz it's unfair to know how much physical damage a carry can do(and why do you think a carry cant be a int,, like od?), why dont you hide item slots, cuz it's unfair to know those heroes rely on item to those of who dont.
    dota logic >_>

  3. #33
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    266
    worst troll thread ever?

    i dont even care if manabars are shown (played hon too) but if u continue to cry for them u should rather play hon instead.

  4. #34
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    113
    seriously... what? --

  5. #35
    Volunteer Moderator slowreflex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,065
    I love all you negative people. Try to use reason instead of just fighting change for the sake of it.

  6. #36
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    I agree. If mana bars don't happen, then the enemies mana shouldn't be visible at all. If the mana bars do happen then obviously you can leave the mana display on heroes.
    This is not necessarily true. Like I said before, the intention isnt to make it so enemy mana isn't visible, it's to make it visible to players who seek the information, but invisible to those who don't. In that way, you can still fake like you have mana if they don't check you, but if they want to be safe and see how much mana you have, that is also an option. This isn't an 'all-or-nothing' game design, it's more of a 'middle-of-the-road' solution.

  7. #37
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    First of all, Dota=/=Real life, so your argument that in a battlefield, you don't see your opponent's mental strength doesn't hold.

    Secondly, implementing your suggestion would change the game way too much. Of course, whether that change is good or bad, is a matter of opinion and theorycrafting until it is implemented. As for my own opinion, it is a big no.

  8. #38
    Basic Member AlphaOfUrOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    I agree. If mana bars don't happen, then the enemies mana shouldn't be visible at all. If the mana bars do happen then obviously you can leave the mana display on heroes.
    This is the intuitive way to do things. And intuitive is often good.

    I'd be in favor of mana bars, but I have to say that the intuitive option isn't always the best. Denying is counter-intuitive, but it improves gameplay.

    Having mana visible on click but not with manabars also is counter-intuitive, but I believe being able to see the opponent's mana lets you be more aggressive, increasing the PvP aspect of the game, which is a good thing (few people enjoy playing boring farm-fests).

    So yeah, I'm against this idea, and not because 'this is different from DotA1, therefore wrong'.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

    So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

    Embrace the change.

  9. #39
    Basic Member Trilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brasil, Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    348

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mano View Post
    Adding unknown elements to the gameplay is like adding random elements, bad for the strategy.
    How is it unknown? It raises the skill cap for players who know how to perform addition for multiple heroes in the game.

    EG. if you see a lvl 3 tiny use toss at lvl 3 you know that he won't have enough mana for his combo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •