Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Remove ability to see an enemies mana by clicking on them

[Suggestion] Remove ability to see an enemies mana by clicking on them

No, this is not a mana bar thread... and yes I did search for similar threads...

In the current system you can click on an enemy hero to see how much mana they have. I believe that allowing others to see an opponents mana can unfairly hinder those heroes that rely on spells to do the majority of their damage versus those that rely on their strong auto-attacks (typically carries) to do the majority of damage. It is very important for those squishy intelligence heroes to be able to threaten a nuke/stun/etc, otherwise if people see them with a low mana they will just start pounding on them with no concern for retalliation.

I also like to look at games in a realism type of way. If you met an enemy on a battlefield in real life, you could see roughly how physically injured he was (health) and what he is wearing (items), but you wouldn't be able to tell how much mental strength (mana) he has left in him.

I think this would help enhance the strategy of the game as it adds an element of unknown to it and would make people have to make a more intelligent guess about whether to fight a hero or not.

Thoughts?

Basic Member
    Adding unknown elements to the gameplay is like adding random elements, bad for the strategy.

Basic Member
    Realistic Dota... It's sounds funny. If Dota go that way, I think developers also delete the stats bar, minimap, visibility of your mates... And Heroes with wings will flies over obstacles (Puck, Jakiro, etc...). Bad idea

Basic Member
    can only say: WTF?

Banned
    Dota Realism 2.0, you forgot to post something:

sc31.png
    Last edited by Django; 01-18-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano View Post
    Adding unknown elements to the gameplay is like adding random elements, bad for the strategy.
    Actually you can't say that. It changes strategy, that doesn't mean it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by barci View Post
    can only say: WTF?
    Thank you for your informative reply. It's really aided in this discussion.

Basic Member
    Sometimes it is important for you to see how much mana the enemy has, for heroes like antimage, also if you know, that one of the enemy nukers is on low mana, then you can attack him/her more safely. All in all: you could see the enemy's mana if you selected the enemy hero in Dota 1, no need to change it in Dota 2.

Basic Member
    The game needs less random elements, not more. Why do you think the courier was changed?

Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    The game needs less random elements, not more. Why do you think the courier was changed?
    I wouldn't call this a random element. A random element would be godzilla deciding to spawn in the middle of the map and one-shot the first hero it saw.