Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can we no longer hide match history in reborn?

Basic Member
    I play quite a lot of huskar with great success. 70+% win rate on ranked. Given that people can just check your recent games, i could very easily be counted every game by an aa pick. Dont see the reason why profiles had to be public though, It's fine being just friends only.

Even if you are correct in your assumption on what is few and what is many
    What I said in case you are incapable of reading, is that being able to see their boosting and report players in steam benefits EVERY player playing ranked. And yeah I'm pretty certain EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN RANKED, is a higher number than the amount of people who intentionally had their profiles private.
    why not just make all that MMR stay hidden so no one even has an incentive to boost?
    Because a lot of casual players are not interested in having the pressure of losing or winning points.
    And by the way, private profiles is not just a demand for people with petty problems.
    I disagree with that statement, I think only losers with shitty scores + cheaters + few people who cant say "I dont wanna play with you" are the ones with those problems
    Actual professional players should not have to make smurf after smurf to hide what new heroes they are practicing in their own ranked games.
    You are delusional mate. First of...are you trying to even remotely put yourself in the same shoes as a professional player? AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHABBHABHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA HA.....
    Okay....cough...
    Do please show me one single post of a professional player begging to have private profiles....cant find any?...I'll tell you why...Because they dont!

I play quite a lot of huskar with great success. 70+% win rate on ranked. Given that people can just check your recent games, i could very easily be counted every game by an aa pick. Dont see the reason why profiles had to be public though, It's fine being just friends only.
    I disagree with the assumption that the other team has time to see and analyze the profile of 5 other players in the enemy team during picking phase to make it a decent countermeasure beyond actually seeing what they pick.
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 09-13-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    You are underestimating what 10-30 seconds of loading time can do. You can easily checked people's profiles and see what their successful heroes are in recent games. You only need to click on their profile, then you are free to use the whole planning and picking phase to check out the details.

can I have one of your tinfoil hats? My head is a bit cold
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    Not trying to blend into your hot argument there, but I've read the thread, and kinda think Shmendrich is right.
    What the F are these arguments for private profiles? You people must be either trolling, or be one on those paranoic and asocial basement dwellers.

Every time I read one of these "boo hoo I can't hide my profile, so I can't lie to my friends that I am 4.5k MMR", I literally feel like this:

Mainly, that makes people unable to lie about their stats. I remember an invoker dude who wanted mid so badly, he last-picked mid and told us he has 80% winrate. After losing horribly, I checked his stats, his actual winrate with Trashvoker was 38% over ~60 games (as of four months ago).
    So I confronted him in voice chat, which resulted in him being reported by half of our team.

So this is one of the few things people would be unable to do - lie about their stats; hide their terrible W/R, or do other shady stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hailgod View Post
    You are underestimating what 10-30 seconds of loading time can do. You can easily checked people's profiles and see what their successful heroes are in recent games.
    That's pretty f..ked, mate... You do know, that what you pick, depends on what they pick? You can't rely on their successful heroes for the last matches, you totally can't.
    You must be really trolling, because honestly, hand to the heart... no one can be this delusional.

private profiles is neither the cause for boosting or cheating, nor the solution against those things.
    No it's not, but why are you derailing the main subject? Open profiles simply make it easier for pepole to report, if we talk strictly about boosting or sold account. Honestly, can you think about any other proper reason to having a private profile? It's not like you are exposing your home phone number, right..?

Fact:

Every other person here, who was asked, why he'd have a private profile, failed to answer the question. All of them failed to give just single valid reason (by "valid", we assume that it's not paranoia or some stupid stuff like not wanting to play with a friend).

So... Instead, they blurted out some paranoia stuff and "blah blah if you don't know I will not tell you why, also I will stop replying you!!!!1".

Feel free to check it out yourself. Threads are still here, and I am not your search engine.

By the way
    Hiding your profile because you can't tell your friend, that you don't want to play with him? Grow a pair of balls and socialize, so you don't feel awkward where some proper communication skills could benefit.
    Last edited by VqaK7S8efTN; 09-14-2015 at 02:47 AM.
    Threads I think are useful to read:

Just another day on EU servers.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE BETTER PUNISHMENT SYSTEM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Basic Member
    lol delusional? you dont understand dota tactics. Having the ability to counter your opponent's best heroes can instantly increase your win rate from 30% to 50%. Knowledge is everything.

Its you who doesnt understands it. If X player ALWAYS picks x hero....he is a MORON. and its not worth wasting the time to see that he is a retard.

If you ALWAYS pick huskar and you pick it vs X heros or with X heros in your lineup, you can pretty much fuck up the game. It doesnt matters what is your favourite hero. No one gives a shit if you have picked 10 times the same hero in a row. What matters is what you pick in this game. Thats what other people counter.

Now if you are going to pick the same hero no matter what heros are in your team and no matter what heros are in the enemy team, then quite frankly you are not worth wasting the time to counterpick.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hailgod View Post
    lol delusional? you dont understand dota tactics. Having the ability to counter your opponent's best heroes can instantly increase your win rate from 30% to 50%. Knowledge is everything.
    You obviously fail to read and fail to understand.
    Noone picks the same hero, your pick depends on your and enemy's lineup. It doesn't matter what heroes you are good at, you must pick according to the lineups, or you get rekt.

You can't just pick your "best" heroes, because it's a game of picks. If you are unable to grasp such simple arguments, you are either 1k mmr, trolling, or just plain stupid (no offence).

Basic Member
    both of your replies are the same lol. You contradicted yourself. read your own comments.
    Suddenly talk about mmr lol. are you the true 1k? i have never seen one in my life, got to find one somewhere besides the 15k mmr reddit right?

Basic Member
    And here you go, using logical fallacies. Was nice talking to ya.