Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lina's "Laguna Blade"

Black would be better.

Basic Member
    Laguna Blade in Japanese is ラグナブラード which is "Raguna Bulado", it's in Katakana not Hiragana so it's not meant to be a Japanese phrase but meant to be an English phrase, therefore it's pretty safe to assume they were trying to say Laguna Blade. (so please for the love of god stop saying Ragna Blade instead of Raguna Blade if you're trying to stick to the Japanese, and besides they're trying to speak English so why the hell should we stick to broken English)

EDIT: And I agree with Aych, the lightning is already weird in her fire theme, but at least in some anime Lightning is the highest form of fire magic, but making it black would just make it completely weird.
    Last edited by Arxos; 01-19-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Actually, it's Raguna Bure~do. And since it's katakana, we can start by omitting the Us and other thingies. Also, I don't think Ragna-blade (kekeke) has anything to do with water. More, I think it has more to do with the Ragnarok; so it kinda makes sense to translate it as Ragna and not Laguna. If you pronnounce it, then it'll sound as Ragna. Word

OT: this is DotA, not Counter Strike. Water can make fire and fire thunder. Somehow, don't ask me why.

Basic Member
    black could look nice.

I think Lina's current ability animations look horrendous (really they just seem sort of outdated/low-quality and I'm guessing that's because she was one of the earlier DOTA 2 models) so I'm all up for any kind of change.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    Lina WAS a reference to Lina Inverse in Dota. Not so in Dota 2.

Valve seems to be toning down on references (except to ones related to their own games).
    I'm sorry, but if dev. want to change Lina/Slayers reference, they should change the spell names (Laguna Blade, Dragon Slave, Light Strike) and the title (Slayer).

It shouldn't been a problem, they did it about Lich skills.

NB: Agree with the Laguna color. Same power will be great too (destroy Hellmaster ).

Why does lina even have a lightning bolt spell?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryle View Post
    Why does lina even have a lightning bolt spell?
    Lightning Arrow is one of the common Lina Inverse's spells in Slayers manga with Fire Ball.

Basic Member
    black lightning would be awesome!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZShock View Post
    Actually, it's Raguna Bure~do. And since it's katakana, we can start by omitting the Us and other thingies. Also, I don't think Ragna-blade (kekeke) has anything to do with water. More, I think it has more to do with the Ragnarok; so it kinda makes sense to translate it as Ragna and not Laguna. If you pronnounce it, then it'll sound as Ragna. Word

OT: this is DotA, not Counter Strike. Water can make fire and fire thunder. Somehow, don't ask me why.
    I typo'd the l actually, and well the ~ is kind of impossible to transfer to English. In English when people put ~ somewhere they think its meant to drag on for like a second while in Japanese ~ only means like 0.1 seconds.