Thread: Fog of War updates far too slow

Basic Member

Fog of War updates far too slow

Light seems to travel at a much slower pace in DOTA2. The fog of war updates far too slow in this case, many a times I've caught up to a person going up the hill and the fog of war has prohibited me hitting him because of the slow update.

This problem doesn't not occur in War3 as the FoW updates at a much rapid speed.

Furthermore, the fog of war updates far too slow for juking aspects, and often times lags behind where your character really is.

Please make the updaterate for the fog of war MUCH faster, or at least make it feel more instant with a much smoother / faster fade in like War3.

This is my only gameplay design gripe for this game. Everything else is very smooth and polished

+1

Seems like its slow as fuk at time.

Basic Member
    yea +1, but there is also a problem with the ramp/fog sistem http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=7306. but to stick to the subject, i played war3 dota1 with very low details, and that affected the fog, i had no smooth update, it was instant. i ve put my details to max, and i had a gradient when reaveling, but indeed it is way to fast then in dota2.

+1
    "Dasss dingoooooooooo"

Basic Member
    +1