Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "The new cool" - courier abuse

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    No? Because then the game ruiner will just buy all the courier and now your team can't get any.

Player intentionally ruining games doesn't mean you have to break the game and make the non-ruiners suffers too (and the gameruiners will just find new ways to ruin games instead)
    So limit it to 1 courier per player. The game ruiner will only have 1 courier to kill.

We were beating an opposing team, 22/3 and 5 mins later 4 of the 5 enemy heroes sold all their items and bought as many couriers as they could, which was ~60 total. They fed us so much gold, I went from 1.4K gold to 5.6 in a matter of minuets. It was funny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post
    We were beating an opposing team, 22/3 and 5 mins later 4 of the 5 enemy heroes sold all their items and bought as many couriers as they could, which was ~60 total. They fed us so much gold, I went from 1.4K gold to 5.6 in a matter of minuets. It was funny.
    Based on this anecdote, I'm almost tempted to say this is now the unofficial "Forfeit" option...

Your opponent stalling because they're still missing 2 more Divine Rapier on each of their heroes? Send them a bunch of couriers! Now they can shut up about not having farmed enough gold and push!
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyr View Post
    you rly think valve cares about reports?
    you really think they dont? search the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyr View Post
    you rly think valve cares about reports?
    They certainly do. People have been banned.

Basic Member
    Revert courier changes. It was a stupid idea to remove invulnerability from courier.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomBHz View Post
    So limit it to 1 courier per player. The game ruiner will only have 1 courier to kill.
    As long as i see that working i still want to flood their fountain with donkeys when i am winning the game.

Don't take that lol away from us :\

Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    As long as i see that working i still want to flood their fountain with donkeys when i am winning the game.

Don't take that lol away from us :\
    Could limit the global bounty instead. Max 150 gold when a courier dies, -50 per courier death, +50 per minute. Something simple like that would prevent abuse and not really effect normal games since it's rare to see teams with more than 2 legitimate couriers and even rarer to see 2 legitimate courier deaths within a minute.