Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Improve lobby browser for custom games, add region checkbox (like in mm)

[Suggestion] Improve lobby browser for custom games, add region checkbox (like in mm)

It would be really helpfull if I we could have filters so we can only see games from regions we picked (just like region filter for Dota matchmaking, multiple checkboxes, so I can pick EU host locations: Austria, Stokholm, Luksemburg..), there is really no need to clutter lobby browsers with regions I can't play.

And once we can filter games by region, using search box will also be much easier, as I will be able to use that box for writing name of mod/map.

Thanks !
    Last edited by glodar; 01-07-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

BUMP
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Basic Member
    I made an account to make a suggestion about custom games with dedicated servers.

please make it so i can play a hosted lobby of my own instead of forcing me to use the servers, some customs dont need forced online if they have singleplayer modes in them.

most notably i was playing Wraith Night: Expansion and i just wanted to solo without my shitty ping interfering like most other customs i play that dont have dedicated servers.

BUMP

BUMP

Please Valve, so many people asking for this on reddit, it is something that should be in for long time, there is no reason why someone from EU needs to see Australia region in lobby browser or in quick play, just give us region filter so we can select 3 or 4 regions that we want to see on lobby browser or that we wanna play via quick play.

It would improve custom games so much, right now there is no way to filter region in lobby browser, I can write 1 region name in search box but then I can't write game name and plus it is only for 1 region, can't filter more than 1, we need simple checkbox like region checkbox for matchmaking to filter regions.
    Last edited by glodar; 11-05-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Basic Member
    Well you can already go into the Lobby List, click on "sort by name" and find your game + server location there. What you want is to search by using two parameters: game type and location. It makes it a bit tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Repeats View Post
    Well you can already go into the Lobby List, click on "sort by name" and find your game + server location there. What you want is to search by using two parameters: game type and location. It makes it a bit tougher.
    I have 3 servers (lux, austria, stockholm) where I can play and I can't sort them all, best I can do is write 1 server name in search box (by doing this search box can't be used to search and find specific custom games and I limit myself to 1 region and that is not good as I can play on 2 more servers), or ofc I can sort by name and then go thru list of many games that are played on regions very far from me and where I would have 200 or 300 ping, there is so many unnecessary clutter, there is no way for me to make it so I see only games from these 3 regions (lux, austria, stockholm), it is very bad and Valve needs to improve lobby to be more user friendly.

BUMP again, Valve please, once again why we still don't have region checkbox filter, is there reason why I need to see Australia or for example US West on my lobby list when I'm never going to play there, no there is no reason, it is just unnecessary clutter on lobby list, give us filter checkbox that is same like region checkbox when selecting regions in normal and ranked matchmaking, it will improve lobby experiance so much, it will be easier to find games from our regions, where we have low ping, it will remove clutter from lobby list, it will be more user friendly, and it will leave search box open to use for other things, finding specific custom game.

Also same checkbox needs to be on custom maps quick play so we don't get placed into some region where we don't want to play.
    Last edited by glodar; 11-27-2015 at 03:35 PM.

See this huge reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._lobby_we_are/

People want to see region name and people want regon filter for quick play.

Please Valve !

Basic Member
    you must be on something if you think that corporate profit and loss driven bunch of fucks give two shits about anyone but themselves and their pro comp scene. .. not until we boycott and put a major into the dirt (no ticket sales, no viewing, no betting. . just ignore the motherfuckers like they do us) will they start to get their heads out of their asses and maybe start looking at actually improving the game. . with like simple shit too, why aren't the various modes offered via Co-Op & Custom Lobby . ... you can't set up a single draft or random or least played . . . .that'd make sense >< Why are griefers, trolls and asshats tolerated who have CLEAR histories of just being fucks? . . . .i mean the litany of shit they can address and make better with just a meeting is unreal, yet they sit firmly under Valve's nut sack and count their pennies . . . .