Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Importer crashes when compiling a DMX

So after seeing the new update mentioned DMX compiling I thought I'd try again

Compiles just fine, although I didn't notice the .vmorf files before, are those new? and do they have anything to do with the morph targets?
    so the compiling problem is fixed, but this creates a new problem

All the morph entries are present but none of the actual shapes came with it, I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Valve Developer
    Should now be fixed as of this update: http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/18960/
    Please let us know whether this resolves your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    Should now be fixed as of this update: http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/18960/
    Please let us know whether this resolves your problem.
    See above post

Valve Developer
    Sorry - I missed your post when I first replied.

Morph targets aren't currently supported by the workshop import tools - if you're including morph data in your DMX the tools may partially display them, but the morphs won't work in-game or be considered when Valve evaluates your submission. We create morph data and hook it up on our side when needed.

alright, I can probably upload this once I do a few more expression shots and lip sync animations for promotional material.
    Last edited by Hawt Koffee; 10-23-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Basic Member
    Exporting morph data with dmx files alone will not be enough, you need all the flex controllers that are used by the talker scripts and etc. We need a QC editor with the items tools!!!

I haven't written a QC in a long time, not since the TF2 importer was added

Basic Member
    Agree with the guys, a little tool that allows to work with the blendshapes will saves developers time (they do not have to do the blendshape work youself), will increase the quality of content as the shapes will be created at the discretion of the author of the item. Brainer to make a simple beard now extremely problematic becouse its looks very oversensitively during intense facial animation.

Basic Member
    Yes! We need it!
    Last edited by Pernach; 10-25-2015 at 03:51 AM.

+1 for the qc editor inside the tools